Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help none of my ships work
2017-11-18, 10:12 PM
Help none of my ships work
Ok so, i really need some help. I've just got the game after loads of video watching and i thought i understood the game. Ive made two ships. One out of wood the other metal. Both have relatively large engines, the metal one has 2k power, and both have propellers. They all also have multiple air pumps. The the smaller wood ship a helium pump. But i have the exact same issue with both. Neither can move forwards at all. The propellers just dont activate, and when put into the water, the ship will slowly sink, in that ship will continually loose altitude until its at the bottom of the sea, even if it should float. Im really confused. The ai has a naval card on each. Please help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-18, 10:38 PM
RE: Help none of my ships work
Upload your designs and we'll take a nosey at them

My completed conquest of Neter: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=27653
2017-11-18, 11:31 PM
(2017-11-18 10:12 PM)Geoelite13 Wrote:  Ok so, i really need some help. I've just got the game after loads of video watching and i thought i understood the game. Ive made two ships. One out of wood the other metal. Both have relatively large engines, the metal one has 2k power, and both have propellers. They all also have multiple air pumps. The the smaller wood ship a helium pump. But i have the exact same issue with both. Neither can move forwards at all. The propellers just dont activate, and when put into the water, the ship will slowly sink, in that ship will continually loose altitude until its at the bottom of the sea, even if it should float. Im really confused. The ai has a naval card on each. Please help.

The propellers won't activate unless an enemy is in play if you use a naval AI.

But we need the BP to actually work out what your issue is.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-11-19, 12:04 AM
Hi! So messing about with the ai seemed to make me go forwards and fight some test enemies. I also seem to stay mostly out of the water. However sometimes i still dip under, to a concerning degree. Also my cannon doesnt seem to work. Ill post bp tomorrow
Thanks!
2017-11-19, 02:16 PM
Do you use the helping card of propulsion balancing?
It has the nasty habit of setting drive percentage to zero, anyways, check it in the propeller Q interface.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-11-19, 07:02 PM
Nope i don't have any propulsion balancing, just a ship that loves nosediving, and a connan that doesn't work.

I know it looks awful, but right now I just want it to work XD
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1205751758
Please help :/

-Thanks
2017-11-21, 12:29 PM
Didn't took a look at the blueprint yet, but just : Check you have something to control your ship, either a naval Ai card, or a ship helm. If it doesn't work let's do something simple :
Take a block
Look at the arrow direction (the arrow will be in the block)
It is facing the ship's forward direction ?
if not, it mean you built your ship the wrong way, save it, you will when loading it have the possibility to turn it 90°
Do it until it's facing the right way

If nothing of what i said is wrong, then check your engine ; does they have fuel ? they will not work if they don't have it
Check the direction of the proppeler, they will have different way of being used if you placed them for turning, going forward, backward, ...

Roses are red, violet are blue
Omaera mo shindeiru
2017-11-21, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-21 12:53 PM by Skyer.)
90 deegre turn thing then loading is in the right top corner of the menu IIRC

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-11-21, 04:43 PM
He would see a message to the left hand side of the screen saying that it may be built in the wrong direction or something of the sort. So I doubt its that.

You need to ensure that your propulsion is directly inline with your center of mass if you place it lower then the nose will rise, and if you place propulsion above center of mass then it will nose dive. You can balance propulsion above AND ONLY if you place propulsion below the center of mass in equal distance. Nose diving and the opposite is usually due to having propulsion over or under the center of mass.

I doubt you installed hydrofoils on your boats, but if you did, remove them for now and check out a tutorial 5 mins thing online to use them with General PID or ACB.
2017-11-21, 06:37 PM
I've just had a play around with the destroyer posted.

1 You have a lot of lead and heavy armour, that stuff weighs a LOT and is causing the ship to sink
2 I took out the propellers at the front which were too low and added a rudder to the back, it leans a bit on turns but is more stable than it was
3 The autoloaders weren't aligned properly, and were trying to load a shell that was too big. Did a few tweaks here and there to make it work better
4 Changed the detection system on top of the bridge, it turns towards the enemy now

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Testdestroyer v2.blueprint (Size: 78.5 KB / Downloads: 8)

My completed conquest of Neter: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=27653