Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Advanced cannons not using all shells in clips
2017-11-18, 05:55 AM
Tongue Advanced cannons not using all shells in clips
I have made a cannon with roughly 56 shots. but it only uses a little bit and by the time it supposedly "runs out of ammo" it still has 42 shells left!
what is this factor and how do i fix it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-18, 06:11 AM
RE: Advanced cannons not using all shells in clips
And YES, the clips are connected with ammo feeders. I'm a noob with this stuff but i can make a good 500mm, used for this thread. Someone please tell me if it's a bug or this is a mechanic, nor is the gun going over the part limit.
2017-11-18, 07:51 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-18 08:11 AM by Skyer.)
How many loaders do you have? What is the total loading speed modifier (looj on clips), and what is the expected load time from clip (ammo customizer)

Im asking this because loaded loaders load shells immediatly wheras agter the loader has emptied the 1 shot that it has it takes a while for the shell to travel from clip to loader

And welcome to the forums Smile

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-11-18, 12:08 PM
Sounds like your cannon cooldown is much lower than the loading rate of the auto loaders, this means your gun will fire as fast as the cooldown will allow untill it has used one shell each from the auto loaders, but then has to wait for the auto loaders to be ready again. The remedies to this are either: reduce the number of coolers, force a lower rate of fire on the gun or increase the number of auto loaders.
2017-11-18, 12:17 PM
Or calculate the max firerate in RPM and set that for the gun

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-11-18, 04:49 PM
(2017-11-18 12:08 PM)Liondrome Wrote:  Sounds like your cannon cooldown is much lower than the loading rate of the auto loaders, this means your gun will fire as fast as the cooldown will allow untill it has used one shell each from the auto loaders, but then has to wait for the auto loaders to be ready again. The remedies to this are either: reduce the number of coolers, force a lower rate of fire on the gun or increase the number of auto loaders.

Well, i set my fire rate down to 30-ish rounds per minute,
And it still only uses shots until 46 rounds.
2017-11-18, 04:58 PM
(2017-11-18 07:51 AM)Skyer Wrote:  How many loaders do you have? What is the total loading speed modifier (looj on clips), and what is the expected load time from clip (ammo customizer)

Im asking this because loaded loaders load shells immediatly wheras agter the loader has emptied the 1 shot that it has it takes a while for the shell to travel from clip to loader

the cannon has 10 auto loaders with 2 shells per clip.
2017-11-18, 05:01 PM
(2017-11-18 04:58 PM)space1724 Wrote:  
(2017-11-18 07:51 AM)Skyer Wrote:  How many loaders do you have? What is the total loading speed modifier (looj on clips), and what is the expected load time from clip (ammo customizer)

the cannon has 10 auto loaders with 2 shells per clip.

https://gyazo.com/8655d4bafb2a338471b03650e7ef115c
and
https://gyazo.com/c6e4f849a4a9884c54d5600a7cfaf9eb
2017-11-18, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-18 05:37 PM by Skyer.)
And the autoloader load speed moifier?

If the total loAd speed modifier is 1 then you can fire a shell every 3.3 sec which is.~20rpm

2017-11-19, 12:54 AM
(2017-11-18 05:55 AM)space1724 Wrote:  I have made a cannon with roughly 56 shots. but it only uses a little bit and by the time it supposedly "runs out of ammo" it still has 42 shells left!
what is this factor and how do i fix it?

And yes, before you complain that i had a slower loading rate, What i'm saying is It doesn't even load the remaining 42 shells.