Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Anisters 3D Printing Emporium REBORN! Bringing FtD into reality!
2017-11-17, 11:15 PM
RE: Anisters 3D Printing Emporium REBORN! Bringing FtD into reality!
Awesome.

Now I only see prices for shipping, but not for how much the actual things would cost, so I assume it's negotiated on a case-by-case basis. But do you have any sort of general estimate of what one could expect?

Uses the golden ratio.

[Image: n4pzmbo]

Fat_ninja - today at 1:40 PM
Would the perfect pair of boobs be 1.6 times the size of the body or vice versa?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-17, 11:20 PM
If its a single model, and fairly simple... anywhere between 5-20 euros. Depens primarely on how large you want it

[Image: BseTIqf.png?1]
2017-11-18, 12:04 AM
is the model paintable? or does paint not stick to it?

Once in a while I decide to do something stupid and try to perfect it. That is how some of my strongest designs were created.
2017-11-18, 12:17 AM
Fully paintable, but mind you, I dont have any white

2017-11-18, 12:23 AM
well grey should be paintable

Once in a while I decide to do something stupid and try to perfect it. That is how some of my strongest designs were created.
2017-11-18, 12:34 AM
How about interior? should we fill our bps with blocks so that structural instability is avoided?
also, are shields part of the stp file?

2017-11-18, 09:22 AM
Shields, I dont know. Prob? Interior, yes. Remove everything and fill it up

2017-11-18, 11:15 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-18 11:18 AM by ABYAY.)
I remember when messing around with the stp files and shields on a Lumina plane, they are indeed taken into account when I used a basic 3D model viewer. I would advise removing all shields before requesting a model.

[Image: KZw1ZYA.png]

I'm on the fence of requesting a 3D model of the Ania that I have. I'll have to load up its husk and fill it completely with blocks and see how well it works out. It's a shame the missile gantries don't load up correctly, they're a huge part of several designs of mine =<

Terrus Asunder, my custom campaign
Yesterday, 04:10 PM
I'll give a short explanation of how 3D printers work to reduce questions. Most 3D printers (I think this one is) print by laying down plastic in layers, starting with the bottom and going up. Certain things, like if you try to print a "T" will fail without additional support. As it trys to print the top cross, the filament (plastic being printed) will just fall. Support material can be used to fix the problem, but it normally doesn't look as good without some sort of sanding. Most 3D printing program give the option to only fill in some of the inside to reduce filiment use and speed up the print. Most large prints can take hours or even a full day to print. Filling in any hollow parts are neccessary, and replacing interior non-solids (slopes, shields, engines, etc) is pretty much necessary. If you want separate turrets or spinners, you need to make sure that they can be printed separately and can be fit through the turret neck to fit into the hull. You would likely need to widen the turret neck and the neck hole to make sure it fits. You may also need to remove part of the turret below decks or remove the armor around the turret base. Just because things rotate in FtD doesn't mean they do IRL. You should disable shields because the 3D printer will try to print the shields and fail, or use support material and make the whole thing ugly. Things with flat bottoms will print better than rounded shapes. Printing a sphere will result in a sphere with a slightly flat bottom.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.