Poll: What is your favorite weapon type?
Missiles
Advanced Cannons
CRAM Cannons
Lasers
PACs
Rams/Drills (includes recoil ramming)
Simple Weapons
Other (specific, comment below)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's Your Favorite Type of Weapon?
Yesterday, 09:36 PM
RE: What's Your Favorite Type of Weapon?
Missiles

slow missiles
fast missiles
big missiles
little missiles
derp missiles

just all sorts of missiles

missiles that turn into torpedos
torpedos that turn into missiles

the list goes on and on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 11:46 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 11:47 PM by Kaonicping.)
I'm a little late to the party, but here goes:

CRAMs are fun to build but excruciating to watch them miss all the time.

Missiles just feel lame to me, and since EMP and HE are bad apart from torps a lot of variety just isn't there.

Lasers are kind of boring and the fact that self-respecting vehicles of an appropriate size just shrug off tens of thousands of engine power worth of damage a la smoke and laser shields means they are just garbage.

PACs are uninteresting to build, require 2-axis or perfect alignment and only do slow plink-plink damage, and are also kind of cheese. But most importantly, they're asymmetrical, so I'll never ever build one Big Grin.

Rams are glorious, but it's painful to watch the stupid AI turn away at the last minute, and ramsaws are kinda cheesy (but fun nevertheless).

Drills are a total joke in comparison to the above.

Simple weapons can be fun after the buff, but they're not really much good apart from in the regime of wooden tubs and sails.

So yeah, not a hard choice...

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
Today, 01:46 AM
I love CRAM cannons. Watching a small car slam into your enemy's ship and reduce it to block confetti is just so satisfying. Even if they're not the most effective weapons they're definitely the most fun.

I can sail my airplane in space.
Today, 09:13 AM
CRAM cannons, without doubt the most versatile weapon system in the game - and good for executions, no more boring waiting when will the enemy die at last. It will die here and now. Big Grin
You can deliver them as mortars, bombs, cannon shots, and they have the most reliable manliness indicating barrels we could have.
Sadly a lot of people just use them for full explosive, and fuseless which is a shame - and of course target prediction should be set volume only, a small minus for speed, and absolutely no aimpoint selection.
I would say that way they are pretty accurate, look into my videos for proof.
And aesthetically I agree with TheShadowKick, there is something immensely satisfying shooting minibuses at the enemy, which have a very good fright factor.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 12:28 PM
Normal, are you sure CRAM's are the most versatile weapon system ? Didnt you swapped it with ACC ?

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 07:18 PM
Advanced cannons are definitely more versatile. CRAMs have less warhead types, less shell modification, not good for AA or ASW, and can miss due to bad aim and slow shells.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.