Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fiendish Fray [Planning]
Today, 12:37 PM
RE: Fiendish Fray [Planning]
(Today 03:30 AM)Varien101 Wrote:  When the rules are finalized I'll start construction =P

I still need to make a suitable map, which is the main thing delaying opening submissions. I should have lots of time later today though, so I'll start on that soon.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 03:51 PM
What do people think about which vehicles should be limited to either fixed guns, turrets or neither?

Currently fighters can't use turrets and corvettes can't use fixed guns. Should I ban more classes from using fixed guns (mainly flagships, possibly heavies) or should I leave it open?

Today, 04:17 PM
Leave it open, or you will end up with the same vehicles that just look slightly differently, but ultimately are the same.
Today, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: Today 04:42 PM by Kaonicping.)
(Today 04:17 PM)SPD Wrote:  Leave it open, or you will end up with the same vehicles that just look slightly differently, but ultimately are the same.

Keep in mind that flagships are currently free to use any weapon system (barring PACs), any armour and any propulsion, so limiting them a bit by making them use turrets will still allow for loads of variety.

Heavies are a bit more limited but if I told you I was going to make a slow vehicle with either big turreted APS or CRAMs and no wood or LWA, would you be able to predict what would be like?

With only one other opinion on this I'll probably go for the compromise that is limiting flagships but not heavies, although heavies will have to lose some WP or SP as well.

Another option, probably a better one, is to allow all weapon types other than APS to be both, while APS must be turreted. This will bring APS more in line with other weapon types, as it will be difficult to make it both spammy and inexplosive. Thoughts?

Today, 05:17 PM
(Today 04:40 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  
(Today 04:17 PM)SPD Wrote:  Leave it open, or you will end up with the same vehicles that just look slightly differently, but ultimately are the same.

Keep in mind that flagships are currently free to use any weapon system (barring PACs), any armour and any propulsion, so limiting them a bit by making them use turrets will still allow for loads of variety.

Heavies are a bit more limited but if I told you I was going to make a slow vehicle with either big turreted APS or CRAMs and no wood or LWA, would you be able to predict what would be like?

With only one other opinion on this I'll probably go for the compromise that is limiting flagships but not heavies, although heavies will have to lose some WP or SP as well.

Another option, probably a better one, is to allow all weapon types other than APS to be both, while APS must be turreted. This will bring APS more in line with other weapon types, as it will be difficult to make it both spammy and inexplosive. Thoughts?

Well it all depends what is are you trying to achieve. To me all rules are fine if they are not overly complex and they look simple to me now.
Restricting turrets on fighters would likely mean a limited use of APS there. If plane turrets annoy then ban them and expect more missiles or less use of fighter platform.