Poll: What do you think about the suggestion?
Good idea
Bad idea
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Increase ammo storage cost/density, limit processing
2017-11-11, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-11 01:57 PM by mrvecz.)
RE: Increase ammo storage cost/density, limit processing
Draba, i thought this was civilised discussion, but this is overstepping the boundaries for me
I could understand if i would do something shitty, but your reputation comment looks out of spite and anger more than anything else, for me daring to oppose your suggestion

[Image: HiYf938.png]

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-11, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-11 02:24 PM by draba.)
Energy weapons outlasting ammo-based ones in combat is wrong, same for campaign AI needing extra supply logic.
Exceptions are PAC/electric with turbines, but that's because both are completely broken when used well.

Plenty of people disagree with me, nothing wrong with that(used the rep system maybe 3 times)
Find all posts by this user
2017-11-11, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-11 02:38 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-11-11 01:56 PM)mrvecz Wrote:  Draba, i thought this was civilised discussion, but this is overstepping the boundaries for me
I could understand if i would do something shitty, but your reputation comment looks out of spite and anger more than anything else, for me daring to oppose your suggestion

[Image: HiYf938.png]

Yeah, downrepping for constructive criticism is not OK, even if you thought it was not valid.

I would bump him back up, but I apparently +1'd him a while ago already.
The other option would be to retaliate, but it's best not to escalate it like that.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-11-11, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-11 02:46 PM by mrvecz.)
I wont go that low anymore, time where i used to fight back like that are the past.

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
2017-11-11, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-11 02:50 PM by draba.)
(2017-11-11 02:37 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  Yeah, downrepping for constructive criticism is not OK, even if you thought it was not valid.

Don't have a problem if the points are valid, or touch on things that weren't explained before.

Some examples for what I considered constructive:
- not strictly necessary
- can be too convoluted for campaign if it's mandatory
- can lead to more stalemates
2017-11-11, 08:12 PM
Oh, that was interesting.

What I am missing, and how I feel that? <-- a subjective point of view
I consider FtD mainly a strategy game with increased complexity.
So there is and FPS side, a piloting/simulator side, and a minecrafty-building side in it.
Just like in my favourite Total Annihilation/Forged Alliance RTS: we click at units in strategic view, and maneuver them around the map at enemies.
Localised resources setting elevate it that they need to bring materials and fuel with them, or periodically supplied by other ways to function.

There are games where you have to replenish/buy ammo, chaff, get one-use shield, repair, and health boosts - they are simulators, like Elite Dangerous.

The thing I miss is a consistent goal about planning nem additions and modifications.
We had simplifying ones, like material unification, and war only diplomacy, and complicating ones, like advanced cannons, and detection. (not mentioning fuel, because you asked so Wink )

If we go for more realism, then I would ask for the materials/fuel/ammo in the destroyed enemy unit containers, and full wreck recycling.
And we will reach a more simulation like game, where diplomacy comes back, and I can make friends with factions I like / which are strategically better to be friends with.

If we go for unreal, but game balancing modifications, then we keep current diplomacy, and use a strategy game viewpoint where imaginary supply drones will do those small things, as in an RtS units are more or less self sufficient, and only special powers need to be recharged/rebuilt.

I didn't voted, because I don't consider the base idea in the first post either good or bad.
It's a complicated game, played by intelligent people, so every idea can be good, and supported by arguments.
I just miss a consistent goal of what kind of game would we get at the end these good ideas would aim for.

Hope you catch my drift, and feel the vibes rather than trying to pick apart separate sentences here.
And answer for the whole, not for the parts. Smile

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
2017-11-11, 08:36 PM
(2017-11-11 08:12 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  Oh, that was interesting.

What I am missing, and how I feel that? <-- a subjective point of view
I consider FtD mainly a strategy game with increased complexity.
So there is and FPS side, a piloting/simulator side, and a minecrafty-building side in it.
Just like in my favourite Total Annihilation/Forged Alliance RTS: we click at units in strategic view, and maneuver them around the map at enemies.
Localised resources setting elevate it that they need to bring materials and fuel with them, or periodically supplied by other ways to function.

There are games where you have to replenish/buy ammo, chaff, get one-use shield, repair, and health boosts - they are simulators, like Elite Dangerous.

The thing I miss is a consistent goal about planning nem additions and modifications.
We had simplifying ones, like material unification, and war only diplomacy, and complicating ones, like advanced cannons, and detection. (not mentioning fuel, because you asked so Wink )

If we go for more realism, then I would ask for the materials/fuel/ammo in the destroyed enemy unit containers, and full wreck recycling.
And we will reach a more simulation like game, where diplomacy comes back, and I can make friends with factions I like / which are strategically better to be friends with.

If we go for unreal, but game balancing modifications, then we keep current diplomacy, and use a strategy game viewpoint where imaginary supply drones will do those small things, as in an RtS units are more or less self sufficient, and only special powers need to be recharged/rebuilt.

I didn't voted, because I don't consider the base idea in the first post either good or bad.
It's a complicated game, played by intelligent people, so every idea can be good, and supported by arguments.
I just miss a consistent goal of what kind of game would we get at the end these good ideas would aim for.

Hope you catch my drift, and feel the vibes rather than trying to pick apart separate sentences here.
And answer for the whole, not for the parts. Smile

I think we've all had enough of this thread at least for now, let it sleep for a bit.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-11-12, 02:34 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised at how little meta-discussion happened in my absence.

Centralised Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting