Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some issues with this campaign I noticed
2017-11-03, 01:36 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-11-03 01:36 AM by Fuzzah.)
Some issues with this campaign I noticed
Right, so the game gives you not one, not two, but THREE resource zones to take care of. Too overwhelming for me, personally. Anyone else feel like this? It's really difficult for me to manage that many bases at once, at least starting off.

Also, the 'bouncer' projectiles that cause your tank to start flying? Big issue. My more.. conventional tank designs are so lightweight and tiny that they just flop around instead of being able to do anything. I'd like it if they used fairer ammo types instead of ones that border on insanely irritating.

It's a good campaign, just, these things really bug the hell out of me.

I guess I could just modify it..

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-03, 02:20 AM
RE: Some issues with this campaign I noticed
Two of the resource zones you get initially have limited reserves, so you won't be managing them for long.

As for the "bouncer" shells, that is a side effect of HE detonations now having torque instead of only exerting force. I'm not really sure that we can do anything for campaign designs to make them not flip light tanks without making them far too weak to be useful.
2017-11-03, 02:33 PM
(2017-11-03 01:36 AM)Fuzzah Wrote:  Right, so the game gives you not one, not two, but THREE resource zones to take care of. Too overwhelming for me, personally. Anyone else feel like this? It's really difficult for me to manage that many bases at once, at least starting off.

I agree on this point, since AoTE can be pretty tough starting out unless you use HA bricks or cheese, you need all the time you can get to get a sensible force up and running, and fiddling around with resource zones really detracts from this.

It wouldn't be so bad if the miners didn't need retrofitting to make them not garbage (at least I seem to remember them needing an upgrade), so we could at least stick with the starting stuff.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-11-03, 04:46 PM
(2017-11-03 02:20 AM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Two of the resource zones you get initially have limited reserves, so you won't be managing them for long.

As for the "bouncer" shells, that is a side effect of HE detonations now having torque instead of only exerting force. I'm not really sure that we can do anything for campaign designs to make them not flip light tanks without making them far too weak to be useful.

That torque thing wouldn't be so bad on ships, but with things that weigh small amounts, it's really stupid.

Maybe we could ask Gladeon to add a new projectile type specifically for this?

"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong" -Voltaire
2017-11-03, 04:51 PM
I never have any problem with the three resource zones, and I actually really like it. I just make a simple improvement, swapping to RTGs or a much more efficient single carb engine, and rebeam a few parts and add some more collectors. The resource they start with + a few minutes collection covers the cost.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-11-03, 04:51 PM
3 bases are not that bad, but they do need to mine properly

When in doubt shut up keep calm and use more daka.Tongue
2017-11-07, 05:58 AM
(2017-11-03 04:46 PM)Fuzzah Wrote:  That torque thing wouldn't be so bad on ships, but with things that weigh small amounts, it's really stupid.

Maybe we could ask Gladeon to add a new projectile type specifically for this?

I vaguely remember some discord convo involving Khaz where it came up that while the effect is intended, how it's working might not be.

Got no problem with the zones - replace miners with hands-off ones, set up one vehicle to shuttle between them & home to collect the goodies, forget about them until they run out.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 04/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.