Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 4.75 Average
Missile overhaul: gauge, stronger missiles, penetrators (2.15)
2018-05-06, 09:16 PM
RE: Missile overhaul: gauge, stronger missiles, penetrators (2.15)
(2018-04-27 12:27 AM)RychschaX Wrote:  
(2018-04-24 12:31 PM)draba Wrote:  Yep, new ProtecTech tools made some changes that'd need coding to fix.
Since the next big official update is in sight and it'll be the missile overhaul I'm not updating the mod anymore.
2.13 ProtecTech + json editing should be enough to tide people over.

For ideas on additional changes I recommend this thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=35314 .

IMO combined propulsion isn't necessary as with current physics even deepish subs can just eject missiles out of the water, where thrusters take over.
Making thrusters work underwater at 10-20% efficiency could also work, just didn't see the need.
Combining props/thrusters on the same missile is almost always a really bad idea(with FtD physics) so didn't want to encourage it.
I still can't seem to get things working. I have protectech tools 2.13, and I've added the line in the json for the ftd version. Which version of the missile expansion am I supposed to be using? I have the workshop version right now, but it does the thing with the disappearing menus whenever I mouse over anything.

That sounds more like a conflict with another mod. REmove all mods but the ones for this missile expansion and try again.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-06, 07:34 PM
(2018-05-06 08:08 PM)blariviere Wrote:  One thing I want to see is at least one size bigger missiles. Like the Large launcher but 3 by 3 blocks, double the cost and firepower of the large missiles. With that we would have full scale ICBM missiles, the large missiles are a bit too small and arent powerful enough to pull that off.

Jesus...
What are you trying to kill?
Find all posts by this user
2018-06-07, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-07 05:49 PM by Fernir.)
(2018-06-06 07:34 PM)Exocet Wrote:  
(2018-05-06 08:08 PM)blariviere Wrote:  One thing I want to see is at least one size bigger missiles. Like the Large launcher but 3 by 3 blocks, double the cost and firepower of the large missiles. With that we would have full scale ICBM missiles, the large missiles are a bit too small and arent powerful enough to pull that off.

Jesus...
What are you trying to kill?

Everything in "near" vicinity, I guess.
Find all posts by this user