Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.8 Average
What I am working on
2017-12-09, 08:30 PM
RE: What I am working on
(2017-12-09 11:07 AM)ABYAY Wrote:  The addition of the shield coloring to the shield blocks themselves is amazing and this also tells me that you've worked on coding that bypasses what was presumed as the "5 modifier limit" that shields had which prevented this coding from being put into the block itself. If it's true that coding here was changed then allow me to ask this; variable thrusters do not have a "max burn time" due to this same 5 modifier limit. Does this make it possible to give variable thrusters a max burn time? This would be great for getting launched torpedoes from planes to a certain distance/angle much easier and still keep a fuel reserve. I'm sure there are many uses for it but this is just one.

Bypassing that limitation was the first mod I ever did, a year and a half ago.
Just after, Nick released a way to have up to 100 variables.
I bypassed that in my mods in order to have a bit more if necessary.

It's always possible to find ways.
It's certainly possible to modify the variable thrusters, but I never looked at that code, so it would take some time.

When I'll decide to change the missiles (which may be in a long time), I'll probably add a 'max burn time', and probably other things while I'm at it, to the variable thrusters.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-09, 10:09 PM
Variable thrusters start delay would also be nice

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-12-09, 10:22 PM
(2017-12-09 10:09 PM)Skyer Wrote:  Variable thrusters start delay would also be nice

Yeah, I missed that one a lot of times...
The only reason I haven't modded it before is that it's linked to missiles, and missiles code was a mess last time I checked...