Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Memory leak question- is it configuration?
2017-10-15, 04:44 AM
Memory leak question- is it configuration?
Hey guys, I run FtD on my laptop and desktop but I have a major memory leak with FtD only on the desktop. The laptop runs campaign with no problems, the desktop starts to lag once memory gets to about 2.8 GB and that happens in 30 minutes of play. I did the Creator update to Win10 on the desktop and it seems like that's when the troubles began. The only other difference is no HTC Vive on the laptop, 960 M versus 980 dual SLI on the desktop and a 23% overclock on the CPU, the gpu are overclocked too but that shouldn't make a difference to memory on the mobo. Graphics wise the desktop should have no problems, and it doesn't seem to either but every few seconds, the game will freeze then run fine and keep doing it until I reload FtD.

Any tips on memory setup or system configuration to beat the leak?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-15, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-15 08:54 AM by Skyer.)
RE: Memory leak question- is it configuration?
Memory leak is a know Issue for a while, CPU and GPU is not the problem, So far I know its that after a design is spawned even after deleting it it keeps in your RAM.

GPU And CPU will decrease lag only when you have many big ships.(Many blocks)

If you may be spawning and destroying a lot of big ships, that may be the problem.

Other than that Gladyon will probably give a more accurate answer at some point Big Grin

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply