Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dirt explosion when shell hits land.
2017-10-14, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-14 04:13 PM by benzo711.)
Dirt explosion when shell hits land.
Maybe there could be a big eruption of dirt when a shell hits any sort of land.
If the land is flat (horizontal) then the explosion animation is vertical, but if the land is vertical, then the explosion is horizontal.

Also there could be fragments that don't make contact with vehicles that if the land is vertical/flat, they go up really fast, curve, and then slowly accelerate towards the ground, or if the ground is vertical then they would explode outwards while falling at the same time. When the fragments make contact with the ground/water they despawn.

It might look something like this:
[Image: Large_GIF_748x412.gif]

"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-15, 12:53 AM
RE: Dirt explosion when shell hits land.
(2017-10-14 04:12 PM)benzo711 Wrote:  Maybe there could be a big eruption of dirt when a shell hits any sort of land.
If the land is flat (horizontal) then the explosion animation is vertical, but if the land is vertical, then the explosion is horizontal.

Also there could be fragments that don't make contact with vehicles that if the land is vertical/flat, they go up really fast, curve, and then slowly accelerate towards the ground, or if the ground is vertical then they would explode outwards while falling at the same time. When the fragments make contact with the ground/water they despawn.

It might look something like this:
[Image: Large_GIF_748x412.gif]

yee

basically a rotated, rescaled, recoloured muzzle flash animation would do. A blast wave would be nice as well (I think nukes already do that but I might be going crazy).

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-10-15, 12:56 AM
RE: Dirt explosion when shell hits land.
+1

What if it acted as a smoke cloud and obscured vision as well?

My fanfic

(2017-03-17 12:40 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  Ships are less fun than rockets
But spaceships are undeniably cooler than both.