Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
V2.03 [Dev Test] CONTENT Update
2017-10-13, 03:21 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-13 03:34 AM by majyst.)
V2.03 [Dev Test] CONTENT Update
This is a Update for Content Only

FP Adjustments: All designs in all Factions have now had their FPs adjusted to a 1-50 scale instead of 1-80.
Expect to see more of the strong designs able to fit into enemy fleet than before.
Think twice before you set Fleet spawn times to max.

OW Overhaul: Karbengo did a massive update on OW, much of the work includes fixing sailboats to be more reliable and less prone to tip over.

Design (significant) updates, Replacements, and Deletions:

DWG

Replaced: Swordfish
Replaced: Angry Chicken has been replaced with the Cokatrice. The old Angry Chicken is no moreUndecided
New: Paraiba
New: Snapjaw
New: Frantic Chicken
New: Steamworks

OW
Rebuilt: Constitution (Gutted and rebuilt)
Deleted: Fortitude
New: Constellation
New: Greenfield

WF
Updated: Perferator (Gutted and rebuilt, now With a Massive Piercing PAC cannon)
New: Pandamonium
New: Fracture

LH
Deleted: Diode
Deleted: Electrolysis

TG
New: Majestic
New: Tyrannic

SS
Deleted: Broadsword
Deleted Kyoko
New: Iron Maiden
New: Specter
New: Rhea
Updated: Cezar (Main cannon rebuilt, more armor/ resilient and bigger shells. Fire added to exhaust Gills)
Updated: Bullshark (Small change with big difference. The main cannons Turret cap had thin armor causing a chain detonation when hit by anything. I Changed it to all HA and added more armor. Turret still goes boom, but its not as easy to do so with small hits.)

GT

Deleted: SRF

SD
New: Deimos
New: Eridanus

Glao
Replaced: Fast assault
Mine Sprinkler Renamed to Swarmer

No Faction
Replaced: Obelisk

Player
Replaced: Flash Heart
Replace: Cutlass
Replaced: Rapier
Deleted: Volley

Dozens and dozens of other updates made to other units, but those are mostly fixes and small changes not worth documenting.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-13, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-13 04:16 AM by Stinger10034.)
RE: V2.03 [Dev Test] CONTENT Update
Whoever created the Pandemonium, wow. Ramming ships are kinda frustrating to play against, but that subconstruct missile tho. I tested it against the Palstave and it killed it all on it's own. Never have I before seen so much damage at once.

Is this even allowed?!!
2017-10-13, 05:22 AM
I agree. The Pandemonium's missile needs to be gone. It looks like it's using some sort of glitch or exploit to do impossible amounts of damage. No one ship should be able to blow a hole clean through the Onyx Throne like it can.
2017-10-13, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-13 05:34 AM by majyst.)
Pandemonium is my design, but the Missiles are Chevyos design.

The missiles are not using any exploits, but using part mechanics in interesting ways. Lots of designs use parts in unusual and creative ways that are not exploits.

Also, Pandemonium is a Godly unit, Onyx Throne is basically an Easy unit. Anyone playing on Godly should be able to destroy the missiles with almost zero real threat. 1 normal Missile will kill them.
Also, add in the fact that even if they make it to the target, they are so UN-reliable that they usually miss or fire int he wrong direction.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-10-13, 08:16 AM
That missile is awesome! A nuke without a nuke. Pandemonium is very scary on its own but that missile is insane. I love it. Definitely the cause of future "WTF where is half my ship!?" moments. XD
The other new designs look great too. Thanks for the hard work guys! Big Grin
2017-10-13, 01:00 PM
Just had a quick look at new designs; I like them a lot, but I'm concerned about some balance issue with few of their rating:
-Rhea: rated as regular, that means it appears in the same category as Norge, Type 19, Guernsey... While it can lay waste on an Excalibur which is 25% more expensive. Having to fight Thyr's little brother at such a "low" difficulty level is a but overkill, I think it should be moved to "expert" category.
-Eridanus: rated as "easy", which in campaign mode corresponds to "I don't know what I'm doing". Yet, you get to face a flying thing which teleports every 5 secs or so and paired with drones carrying the only weapon without counter (PAC). Could be moved to "regular", where it will act as an introduction to those technologies while "topping" the category.

All in all, I think new designs are great, and some bring even something new to the game (Pandemonium's giant stick). I'm just thinking about player experience during campaign at lower difficulty levels. For the rest, well, keep up the good work guys! Big Grin
2017-10-13, 01:15 PM
(2017-10-13 05:32 AM)majyst Wrote:  Pandemonium is my design, but the Missiles are Chevyos design.

The missiles are not using any exploits, but using part mechanics in interesting ways. Lots of designs use parts in unusual and creative ways that are not exploits.

I'm well aware that parts can and are used in unusual ways, but using a design that takes advantage of the (presumably) almost uncapped ramming damage by accellerating some part of a craft to such a high speed that the game itself doesn't even render it seems a bit suspect as an exploit doesn't it?

I've made hollowpoint shell railguns that acheived a similar but reduced result as the missile. However, those were just for trying to push the limits as far as they could go. A 500mm hollowpoint shell travelling at speeds of tens of thousands of meters per second will also blow the side of a ship off, but will be huge, expensive, heavy, incredibly slow to charge, and require most if not all of a large battleship's internal volume worth of batteries. With a railgun like that you also reach a point of diminishing returns quite quickly.

Also, just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done. There's plenty of stuff people post on the forums here that dosen't make it into the game because it's either game breaking, an exploit, not posible to balance, or just plain silly.

(2017-10-13 05:32 AM)majyst Wrote:  Also, Pandemonium is a Godly unit, Onyx Throne is basically an Easy unit. Anyone playing on Godly should be able to destroy the missiles with almost zero real threat. 1 normal Missile will kill them.
Also, add in the fact that even if they make it to the target, they are so UN-reliable that they usually miss or fire int he wrong direction.

I was using the Onyx Throne as an example target for raw damage as its relatively hard to do massive damage to in a very short period of time. The only thing I've used that has put anywhere near the amount of damage down with one "shot" is some massive, impractical, and incredibly expensive 15x2000mm APHE CRAM monstrosity that I got off one of the design threads here. That still dosen't really erase a straight line through the Onyx Throne quite like that missile does.

There's creating a balanced design and there's also min-maxing so hard that the one defining feature of the design far overshadows any weaknesses that the design has. The missile has taken a flying leap over any sort of possible balancing and really shouldn't have been considered as part of a fair and balanced game.
2017-10-13, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-13 02:09 PM by BlitzkriegBob.)
Just realized Thyr's fwd turret doesn't turn due to some clipping with the deck metal plate. Here's the corrected BP.

EDIT: my bad, it was just incorect position (turret was offset by 1 block). Here's the update of the update.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Thyr.blueprint (Size: 700.02 KB / Downloads: 24)
2017-10-13, 02:09 PM
The Pandemonium removed 17% of the Bullwark.
That's a lot, but after all it's a one-use weapon.
And it's true that it's not really reliable and easy to shot down.

All in all, it may hurt the player, but it won't cripple him.
And the Pandemonium is so much easier to kill than the Singularity... this one is frightening me as I have (yet) no design capable of destroying it except by waiting that it exhausts all its fuel...
2017-10-13, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-13 03:07 PM by draba.)
(2017-10-13 02:09 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  The Pandemonium removed 17% of the Bullwark.
That's a lot, but after all it's a one-use weapon.
And it's true that it's not really reliable and easy to shot down.

All in all, it may hurt the player, but it won't cripple him.
And the Pandemonium is so much easier to kill than the Singularity... this one is frightening me as I have (yet) no design capable of destroying it except by waiting that it exhausts all its fuel...

They don't bother me too much but I'm not a fan of glitches/warpdrives in the campaign.
Ramming in general is orders of magnitude stronger than "normal" weapons and warping makes things practically invulnerable(unless the enemy is faster ofc).