Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who has built a good APS bomber?
2017-10-09, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-11 11:33 AM by ThatOtherGuy.)
Who has built a good APS bomber?
So I've been wondering if anyone has built a good, accurate and reliable APS bomber. I've built a few versions which are accurate, capable of a ton of different payloads, cheap, fast you name it. BUT! None that are reliable to hit. My versions always steer their noses away from the target, decided to roll at the last second or just duck up in a other way. Since I've been unsuccessful in building something that works I was wondering if other people have had any luck with it.

I'd love to hear about you guy's creations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-09, 11:46 PM
RE: Who has build a good APS bomber?
Tourist uploaded an F-4 that uses APS bombs(I think) in the "Post your blueprints" section.
That might work; I don't use cannon bombs a lot.

A force as voracious as time itself.
A void as cryptic as reality itself.
An enigma as vexing as life itself.
[Image: HjaVgvK.jpg]
2017-10-10, 05:54 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-10 06:55 AM by Cyranoid.)
I helped Tourist make an APS bomber. I would be glad to show you a few tips. Let me get a few pics here.

[Image: 3bXNyutl.png]

[Image: H9rmaBfl.png]

The red arrows is the path I took for my APS system. No cooling needed just gauge increasers. The key is to have as many input feeders since your bombing runs will be tight/short.

[Image: 1tViRWql.png]

[Image: yEmowwGl.png]

[Image: nbyb74ql.png]

[Image: RA62jkol.png]

The bomber I used uses fragmentation bombs. I could swap them for HE but I personally love seeing thousands of fragments explode everywhere.

There are a few parts needed to make it work. The APS system and a trigger no LWC needed. After you make an aps system just tweak it according to your speed. I have mine set at fire weapons when enemy range is at 380meters when my jet is going at 90m/s. Mine can carry 40x 250mm bombs.
Credit for Mod goes to Redux here is the link for his file and wonderful work. https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzefz85p9ldk04...x.zip?dl=0

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Su-24M Bomber.blueprint (Size: 89.55 KB / Downloads: 11)

[Image: aTKF4aim.png]
Two Bronze Holder of Majyst Tank and Copter
Competition 2017
2017-10-10, 06:01 AM
I only have some CRAM bombers, but they aren't so reliable against small targets.
But with large ones (Thyr size) they hit about 1 times out of 2.

The problem is that them need to fly straight to the target, with a very stable flight profile, which makes them very vulnerable.
So, I had to put in them a lot of defenses, which means that they aren't so cheap...

Here is a heavy bomber which a lot of defensive capabilities (including HA...):
Iron MkII (heavy CRAM bomber)
It features 27 CRAM bombs, about 1800mm each... enough to scare most ships.

Here is a fast light bomber, which rely on its speed to evade problems (I had to add LAMS because it run into missiles from behind as they are fleeing from it... very fun):
Diopside (very fast small CRAM bomber)

I prefer CRAM bombers because in my mind bombs should be heavy, and CRAM is heavy.

Once I had a bomber that skimmed the water and at the last instant steered up and launched its bombs nearly horizontally to the target while starting evasive maneuvers.
Unfortunately, it only worked over water, over terrain it always hit hills...
2017-10-10, 07:24 AM
[quote='Cyranoid' pid='349400' dateline='1507611250']
I helped Tourist make an APS bomber. I would be glad to show you a few tips.

I appreciate the help, but i already got the whole thing built but the method of delivery sucks (like i said, it makes maneuvers at the last sec, its yaws away ect.) I'll take a look at the blueprint though, perhaps i can take what i need to know from that
2017-10-10, 07:40 AM
So I was unable to fix it, and I'm hoping that someone else will take a look at it and tell me whats wrong with it.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Bombard MK I.blueprint (Size: 122.89 KB / Downloads: 5)
2017-10-10, 11:22 AM
I have not looked at your bp I just used Hamster crumbs PID numbers to make sure I have stable flight.

Competition 2017
2017-10-10, 11:27 AM
Does that PID also make the nose's yaw stable?
2017-10-18, 08:38 AM
RE: Who has built a good APS bomber?
My Roll PID should be stable. As for yaw mine does not fish tail.

Competition 2017
2017-10-18, 09:10 AM
RE: Who has built a good APS bomber?
My heavy bomber Iron is very stable.
I even added automatic stability helpers on its CJE. In fact, it can even lose 2 CJEs (one on each side) and it will still be stable and continue to fight.

But I think that the PIDs values must be tweaked differently for each plane, because of the size/velocity/drag.
So I don't think they can be applied to a small bomber.