Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Air Pump is pumping huge parts of the ship
2017-10-08, 05:58 PM
Air Pump is pumping huge parts of the ship
So basically me and my friend have been trying to build a boat but the air pump we put in the back compartment is pumping that compartment and the one 2 sections over. The one between has its own pump.

We have no clue why this is happening.

Also when I put a hole in the hull (Just break a beam), it says their are 450 breaches or so.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  USS Second Boat.blueprint (Size: 357.91 KB / Downloads: 10)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-08, 06:08 PM
RE: Air Pump is pumping huge parts of the ship
That's because the airpump is pumping through the hole of the turret (turrets are ignored by the airpumps).
From there it pumps the deck of your ship, and goes down when it can, pumping other compartments.

The 450 leaks are probably the deck of the ship which are considered as breaches if the ship sinks.
2017-10-08, 06:11 PM
(2017-10-08 06:08 PM)Gladyon Wrote:  That's because the airpump is pumping through the hole of the turret (turrets are ignored by the airpumps).
From there it pumps the deck of your ship, and goes down when it can, pumping other compartments.

The 450 leaks are probably the deck of the ship which are considered as breaches if the ship sinks.

That's what I had feared. Is there anyway to fix it?
2017-10-08, 06:25 PM
Other than putting Main Construct armor around the turret no AFAIK

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-10-08, 10:46 PM
(2017-10-08 06:25 PM)Skyer Wrote:  Other than putting Main Construct armor around the turret no AFAIK

Yea that worked. Although the ship wasn't designed with that in mind so its still sinking very quickly in battles. Testing it against a barracuda as that what was what sank us.

Thanks for the help
2017-10-09, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-09 06:10 AM by Skyer.)
If the ship is sinking easily and the ship is bigger then a corvette you should dive it into many air gap rooms (use wood or alloy for that)

So a single hole does not sink the Lamb thing

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-10-12, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-12 07:19 PM by BioPhoenix.)
Put turret armor made of alloy around both turrets and put air pumps inside of that turret armor somehow.

(2017-10-09 06:09 AM)Skyer Wrote:  If the ship is sinking easily and the ship is bigger then a corvette you should dive it into many air gap rooms (use wood or alloy for that)

So a single hole does not sink the Lamb thing

Even my corvettes use compartmentalization...
2017-10-16, 07:15 AM
If your ship is sinking after one hole, your hull probably isn’t large enough to keep the thing bouyant.