Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bastion Refit
2017-10-08, 02:00 AM
Bastion Refit
I find that many OW ships are a bit plain, especially in terms of interior design which is generally non-existent. With this in mind I have updated the Bastion, working in a walkable interior and reshaping the outside a bit. I also put in some different materials, with a secondary goal of reducing weight. I left detection, power, and armament unchanged. Here's a list of changes:

-reshaped ridges on the railings to be less blocky and more pleasing to the eye
-replaced metal in railings with alloy to reduce weight
-replaced 4m beams with slopes on the lower inside of the hull to save weight
-centralized ammo in middle compartment and reduced armor in fore and aft compartments, again using alloy to save weight
-put more doors in superstructure
-cut staircases to the inside of the hull with passages through the deck and another in the superstructure. Also made a stairway from the top deck into the structure
-reduced ballast under hull, contributing to a mass cut of around 10% from 1020 to 900
-without any more propellers, speed increased from 3.2 to 3.7

I know this update is largely pointless and wasn't asked for, but I wanted to submit it as an example of details that can help make an OW design a bit more interesting. I don't mind at all if it isn't taken for the campaign.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-08, 04:29 AM
RE: Bastion Refit
This seems to be missing the BP or images required to evaluate it at the moment. I'm not crazy about using slope armor on what are meant to be flat surfaces from the outside, so I'll need to see how those were handled.
2017-10-08, 03:27 PM
RE: Bastion Refit
Right forgot the BP Tongue

.blueprint  Bastion Refit.blueprint (Size: 105.63 KB / Downloads: 15)