Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Kalmar Klash Tournament (Submissions Closed, Videos Starting)
2017-12-24, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-28 07:31 PM by MainFall.)
RE: Kalmar Klash Tournament (Submissions Closed, Videos Starting)
EP 12 Secondary bracket Semi Finals!

Finals Are Next! On Wednesday! Or Friday wherever you live!

250 mm at 1000rpm is underwhelming.
My YOUTUBE Channel!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-25, 12:46 PM
Sky Kalmar vs Wooden Duke was a nice match. Although I feel like they fought before. It looks like Sky Kalmar has an unfair advantage because it's flying, is mostly made of metal and it's a single vehicle entry. It would probably be more fun if it would be a mostly wooden ship with lots of guns and a buddy. But I agree that Duke looks great! Smile And Sky Kalmar was floating belly up at the end. XD

KalmarModern doesn't look bad if youask me. Kalmar is a pretty good looking ship from the start.The colors and the lighst are a nice touch and the turrets fit the design well. It looks like a more modern Kalmar. But if you designed your weapons against mostly wooden targets it just didn't have the right weapons against a metal airship. The explodey turret of course didn't help.
2017-12-29, 09:15 PM
EP 13 Finals Vampyrothesis A VS SKY Kalmar

Like The Kalmar Klash Videos? SUBSCRIBE To Me! It helps A lot!!

250 mm at 1000rpm is underwhelming.
My YOUTUBE Channel!
2017-12-30, 12:44 PM
We meet again Vampy! I will have my reven... or well maybe not. I expected to lose here just like last time. But Sky performed a LOT better than expected. Almost looked like it has a chance at one point. I'm happy with it. But it just wasn't enough against the superior firepower of the Vamp. Shows that lots of dakka with enough armor is better than lots of armor with enough dakka. Good fight! Congratulations!
Thanks for the vids MainFall. Very good quality, good commentary and fun to watch. Smile
2017-12-30, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-12-30 07:38 PM by BioPhoenix.)
I've done this fight in Designer before, and your Sky Kalmar had a pretty even shot. Sky Kalmar tends to win if it can take out slightly more guns in the initial exchange and lose if it loses more, lands in the water, or especially if it gets flipped over. Those inverted VLS torpedoes in particular are killer; I added the VLruS's sonar buoy interceptors after I saw them specifically to try to counter them and other torpedoes.

Big thanks to MizarLuke and Mainfall for developing and hosting this tournament. I enjoyed building for it and I've enjoyed watching!
2017-12-30, 10:37 PM
I must say that this tournament was fun to watch. Good job MainFall.
I'll try to participate in your next tournament. I hope it's coming soon Wink

Congrats to BioPhoenix and Tomson.

primum non nocere