Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Kalmar Klash Tournament (Accepting Submissions Until 27th)
Yesterday, 11:18 PM
RE: Kalmar Klash Tournament (Accepting Submissions Until 27th)
(2017-10-21 11:12 PM)ReturnOfIcey Wrote:  (Hopefully) final question before I enter my submission. The 30 meter height limit applies to the subvehicle right? I don't want my nessie getting disqualified as soon as the battle starts if that is the case

Yes, the 30m max height applies to subvehicles also. Just lower the height it tries to stay at.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 11:20 PM
(Yesterday 02:30 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  Does this look Kalmar enough? If not, would it if I put the sail back? If so, will it still look Kalmar enough if I changed all the CRAMs to APS and replaced the turret armour with metal, and also repainted the whole thing?

You can change the CRAMs to APS, as long as the turret cap stays similar and armor it up with some metal. If you want to do anything too much more than that, I recommend you make the very front and back closer the original. It is fine as it as, and looks great too. Not the safest to get near though...

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
Today, 12:54 AM (This post was last modified: Today 12:54 AM by Kaonicping.)
(Yesterday 11:20 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  
(Yesterday 02:30 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  Does this look Kalmar enough? If not, would it if I put the sail back? If so, will it still look Kalmar enough if I changed all the CRAMs to APS and replaced the turret armour with metal, and also repainted the whole thing?

You can change the CRAMs to APS, as long as the turret cap stays similar and armor it up with some metal. If you want to do anything too much more than that, I recommend you make the very front and back closer the original. It is fine as it as, and looks great too. Not the safest to get near though...

Thanks, I was just planning to keep the turret placement and shape the same, but not the crappy armament Big Grin. It probably won't be able to achieve masterful ramming status even with that giant saw, since the 20m/s speed limit means it can't really chase down any other designs.

Wait a moment ExclamationExclamationExclamationExclamation

What if I had a ram blade that was 1.2km long so it kills the enemy on spawning? Tongue (don't worry I won't actually try that, but it's an idea I might consider elsewhere... Angel).

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
Today, 05:04 AM
This look Kalmar enough? If so I will post the blueprints for you to review.

[Image: 74459C0B3EAE455C936504BA7ED4DE1BB75D035E]

"Those whose memories fade seek to carve them in their hearts."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user