Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[Request] 4 Barrel 500mm Battleship main battery
2017-10-05, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-05 08:21 PM by MizarLuke.)
RE: [Request] 4 Barrel 500mm Battleship main battery
Sure, I'll get to it tonight if I have time, both the recoil and your 3x 400mm. I may have messed up in placing some of the recoil absorbers on gauge splitters, which doesn't work. Sorry for making it a bit too tall and submitting it like that, I wasn't sure what exactly you would want for it, so I left it like that when I submitted it after I ran out of time. Glad you like it though.

What I typically do for burst fire is to set the fire rate to roughly double what the gun can fire (if it has the coolers to do so), so it spends half the time firing and the other half reloading. Set it to 1.5x what your gun can fire and it fires 75% and reloads 25%.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-05, 09:05 PM
(2017-10-05 08:20 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Sure, I'll get to it tonight if I have time, both the recoil and your 3x 400mm. I may have messed up in placing some of the recoil absorbers on gauge splitters, which doesn't work. Sorry for making it a bit too tall and submitting it like that, I wasn't sure what exactly you would want for it, so I left it like that when I submitted it after I ran out of time. Glad you like it though.

What I typically do for burst fire is to set the fire rate to roughly double what the gun can fire (if it has the coolers to do so), so it spends half the time firing and the other half reloading. Set it to 1.5x what your gun can fire and it fires 75% and reloads 25%.
I didn't put the 3x400 there, I'll have to do that tomorow. Could you please add a couple more customisers with ammo you'd use for this gun next to the existing one, please?

Everything in From the Depths can be solved by a large amount of high-caliber HE shells.
2017-10-05, 11:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-06 12:32 AM by MizarLuke.)
Sure. Just got home, gonna loook at it now.

Edit: Looked it over, couldn't find any detatched recoild absorbers but may have missed them.

Added three different ammo. They are: HE/Frag, HEAT, and HESH. They are 1 module smaller than your shell, a bit smaller, but stronger. I recommend using a mix of HEAT and HE/Frag since they have the same muzzle velocity. I don't recomment using a grav compensator unless the gravity is really a problem. The HESH is a bit slower so won't work as well.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Cannon test rig.blueprint (Size: 166.44 KB / Downloads: 13)

2017-10-06, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-06 03:56 PM by Maty83Cz.)
(2017-10-05 11:07 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Sure. Just got home, gonna loook at it now.

Edit: Looked it over, couldn't find any detatched recoild absorbers but may have missed them.

Added three different ammo. They are: HE/Frag, HEAT, and HESH. They are 1 module smaller than your shell, a bit smaller, but stronger. I recommend using a mix of HEAT and HE/Frag since they have the same muzzle velocity. I don't recomment using a grav compensator unless the gravity is really a problem. The HESH is a bit slower so won't work as well.

Okay, here is the 3x400mm abomination. It can fit into a 15x15, I believe. However, it is much higher than the gun you made for me. The fire rate? I went to the trouble of counting it and it came up to 92,893 RPM/barrel. It is the best I can build ATM (I spent 2 hours optimizing and adding loaders), if you see anything I could improve, tell me.

EDIT: Shoots straight through a Bulwark on Burst mode (If you shoot at the back of the Thyr and get lucky with most shells passing the shield, it will delete the number 3 turret, maybe even doing the same with the number 2 turret)

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  The400mm Abomination.blueprint (Size: 154.43 KB / Downloads: 18)

Everything in From the Depths can be solved by a large amount of high-caliber HE shells.
2017-10-06, 04:01 PM
Ok, will look at tonight or over the weekend.

2017-10-10, 02:38 AM
Guys.. use the spreadsheet. just google advanced cannon calculator and you should find it. Makes making guns 100x easier, as you can theory craft the optimal shell length and loadout then spend your time on tetris.

Much more efficient than spending 2 hours tinkering with it, it'll let you churn guns out reliably and with optimal performance.