Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
Ashes of the Empire Community Let's Play
2017-09-28, 01:51 AM
Ashes of the Empire Community Let's Play
I have recently begun an Ashes of the Empire Let's play with a slight difference to the norm. In this series I am primarily going to be using community designs, I've already gathered a fair number from the forums, workshop and discord. But would welcome more, since unfortunately, a number have suffered from patch fatigue and either work poorly or are non-functional.

I'm doubting how effective this will be, since I'm not sure how a mottley crew of player designs will, or even if, they work together. Still it should be interesting, and I expect a great deal of danger present throughout!

For those interested, please have a look at the first couple of episodes:

Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-28, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-04 08:39 PM by Richard Dastardly.)
RE: Ashes of the Empire Community Let's Play
I messed around with a couple of my basic tanks a while back but kinda gave up until wheels work better: you're welcome to mess with them though. HESH ( v. silly now )/HEAT/AP/missile/62mm frag versions, all use the same base though. Not terribly well armoured but I used them for half an AoTE playthrough pre patch.

[Link: see http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...#pid348652 ]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-09-28, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-28 01:43 PM by Tostov.)
A few of the designs from my most recent runthrough that are at least tank-like in appearance.

I also had no luck with wheels, so I ended up just making them all hover tanks, though as a disclaimer, they're jet-based hover-tanks (barring the refinery), so they can fight over water, but can't be deployed while over it.

They're also liable to crash into one another, but that's the way it is I suppose.

.blueprint  K-1K Mobile Gun Chassis.blueprint (Size: 56.41 KB / Downloads: 50)

.blueprint  KR-1K Heavy Gun Chassis.blueprint (Size: 86.68 KB / Downloads: 54)

.blueprint  KR-2 Sniper Chassis.blueprint (Size: 80.91 KB / Downloads: 56)

Also, while you probably don't need it, a refinery unit to go drive over to a lake or something.

.blueprint  Tantarel Fuel Tanker.blueprint (Size: 53.68 KB / Downloads: 38)

Edit: Also, fuel hungry laser jet I guess.

.blueprint  AS-3K Laser Heavy Fighter.blueprint (Size: 64.19 KB / Downloads: 40)
2017-09-28, 01:21 PM
Welp, your video slightly lowered my depression of playing AoTe, i had the exact same problems, lack of resources, oversized over the volume units demolishing my armies and pretty much being forced to board else victory aint a possibility

But anyway i can give you something to help you out, tank i used myself, sort i should have used it earlier (Against DG and OW) but i made it before i attacked LH

[Image: MBvvCpu.jpg]
The Avenger mark V.
24k material heavy tank (1909.15 volume) fires EMP missiles and has 500 mm gauge, fires Squash and Internal HE (You might consider switching this when you meet shield using opponents with internal frag)

You might want to repaint him as in the picture he uses fleet colours.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Avenger V.blueprint (Size: 76.33 KB / Downloads: 39)

[Image: vP4vDHc.png]

Check out my Zrytix, Land RTS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-28, 05:36 PM
I had made a CRAM bomber a while ago for AOTE that worked pretty well against OW, which gave me the most trouble. I tried it again since the wing update and it still worked pretty well.

Volktopian B12 Bomber
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-29, 09:52 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-29 09:53 PM by Anister.)
Well, I dont know what use you might have out of this, but I do have a old little missile car/tank design lying around. It fires a fairly potent single One Turn/IR missile, but has a fairly limited detection range (400M), so you should use it in swarms, with other vessels as detection support.

[Image: sBciGwk.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Cyclops.blueprint (Size: 32.36 KB / Downloads: 33)

[Image: BseTIqf.png?1]
2017-09-30, 12:49 AM

Thanks for all the submissions guys and gals. I'm going to try and showcase a number of new ones per episode.

Watch my YouTube videos!
My personal Discord
2017-09-30, 06:12 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-09 04:53 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
HESH is frankly terrifying against the DWG... Trying a campaign of my own right now, one HESH & one Frag variant rolling through, don't seem to have any wheel issues on DWG territory at least.

[Link: see http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...#pid348652 ]

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Update: Heavy & light tanks 07/04/18 for 2.1. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-10-04, 10:40 AM
have some vehicles

Breeze
Tiny fighter jet with a LAMS system

TCV-3 Hyena
Heavy tank

Panther elite
Light tank

M-89 Thunderbolt
Tank destroyer

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  TCV-3 Hyena.blueprint (Size: 83.32 KB / Downloads: 38)
.blueprint  TCV-2 Elite Panther TOURNEY.blueprint (Size: 51.74 KB / Downloads: 36)
.blueprint  M-89 Thunderbolt .blueprint (Size: 67.62 KB / Downloads: 30)
.blueprint  Breeze.blueprint (Size: 49.85 KB / Downloads: 34)
2017-10-04, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-09 04:47 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
Apologies for confusing number of links, but this is fixes - finally sorted out some of the backwards facing propulsion so no more error spam, and the tanks seem *slightly* happier to get moving without waiting for gun recoil. Except the missile tank, which seems to only move when it really feels up to it. I've been using these ( unfixed ) in a campaign, so they are tested effective at least.

Edit: HESH tank had debugging jets and a complex controller stuck on the back, chopping them off won't hurt anything. Helicopters are rather WIP ( well everything is WIP, but they're more so ).

My AoTE tank master post

Added some light tanks in the 9-11k price range, still being tested & not quite finished - have used them vs a complete DWG run already though.

[Image: 37559080591_80c36a4b7a.jpg][Image: 37536714346_75d02abf54.jpg]