Poll: Which of the two versions should be the final?
This poll is closed.
F-22Raptor 0% 0 0%
F-22RaptorSmall 0% 0 0%
Total 0 votes 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
F-22 Raptor
2017-10-18, 11:47 PM
RE: F-22 Raptor
Introducing the New F-22RaptorSmall (i know recycling the name from a previous version) which is my more recent attempt to again shrink the Raptor down. The Goal is to eventually be close to the real world counterpart in size while being fully tournament compatible, perform well in neter for your go to air superior jet, and unlike the real world version, not cost you an arm and a leg, just the leg.

The current version is still in its infancy, and has yet to be tested on heavy armored vehicles such as maelstrom (steel striders expert) but handles smaller craft like Falcon very effectively. This Bird also features much improved stealth, full sensory array, and a gas engine over the old steam system.

This Bird will keep receiving updates and modifications until it can go 1v1 with 75% win ratio with the Steel Striders Maelstrom (71k RP jet). The Base F-22Raptor included in the original post has finally hit this 75% (close to 72% actual) rate these past few days, over 50 battles. The goal is to get this even smaller bird to the same point.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-19, 12:58 AM
I must get into fighter aircraft, the forum is abuzz with them. What are the usual specs for a multi role small sized aircraft? (e.g. engine power, engine type, missile specs, and how to tetris the internals)
2017-10-19, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-10-19 02:51 AM by Soulcharger.)
Well I guess what I need to ask is are you building for a legit fighter that does not use spinblocks to place stuff inside each other? Most aircraft run spinblocked wings to negate air drag and usually tournaments to not have a problem with that, but having jets stacked in line using spin-blocks is considered jet stacking and usualy not allowed. When building my aircraft I tend to keep fighters less than 30m Long by 20m wide, or I try to be 1:1.5 scale and under. Currently my Base Raptor is much bigger than this and hence why I keep working the size down.

Engine Power: I run around 200 power just fine, with jets usually flying around 100-105m/s which is normally fast enough to avoid most weaponry hitting you from slow/stationary craft. If you try to take the route of using Huge Jets just 2 will provide 9.2k thrust at 360Hp, which will require 2 fuel injectors and 2 exhaust on single cylinder.

Missiles: Try to go with 5-6block missiles, this will give you lots of diversity in choice. If you use internal weapons bays like my birds, use reverse launch pads, and keep the back open if possible so they are free to slide out, this will remove the need for injectors in order to keep them flying straight. Keep in mind your missiles do not necessarily need to out run the enemy jet in order to land.

Internals: Completely dependent on jet shape. If you take a look at my F-16 and my F-22 you will see some similarity

Best advice, build a jet, pay attention to your center of gravity and your drag. If you have a top wing and jets that push at center of gravity, you plane will back flip and vice versa. Best plane to pit your creations against is the Falcon Steel Striders Expert 8.8k RP jet. Do not try pitting it against my jets right off the bat, you will get frustrated very fast. I highly recommend you ripping the Lua from one of my jets, and going the the AI library to pick up the Documentation for Madwands AI. The version I am running has been patched to work in 2.02 and I do not know if the one on the forums is fixed yet. You will know if the plane keeps spacing because of changes to pitch.

Once you have a plan your semi happy with Create a thread and upload it, I am more than happy to work with you on it, then when your ready to start a solo plane you will have had plenty of experimental practice.

Also, build using alloy, yes metal is slightly stronger, but look at the weight! That weight will determine how much of the vehicles energy will be diverted for changing directions and how much it has to carry.

As a final note, I do not know everything, in fact you can say I know Jack and Sara, Harry, Irena, and Tom. But, you will find my jets hard to beat for the RP cost, while being made to replicate real world counter parts and if you tear them apart you will learn alot of tricks and design ideas. Just ignore my B-2 its very old having built about a year ago, and was just updated.
2017-10-19, 06:53 PM
The F-22Raptor has again undergone major rebuild and is nearly the same size as the real world counter part with exception of length. Real world is about 19m long, where as mine is 23m long, all other dimensions match but I refused to cut the length and the nice appearance for sake of 4m discrepancy in length.

The new model also features both side bays and belly bay missile ability that previous versions did not. This was an attempt to not only better replicate the real world version, but to give the craft better diversity in payloads. It now features only 2 Anti air 5-block missiles(instead of 4) located in side bays, it also packs in the belly bay 4x-3block bombs with 3 explosive warheads each, these can easily be exchanged for rockets in close combat but current configuration gives the jet a multi-role purpose.

This Jet is not intended for DW and will be very unbalanced there, it is for Neter. It has spin blocked wings to avoid air drag, but does not contain exploitative builds that would not be allowed in tournaments, and uses Madwands AI lua, but easily can be swapped to in game ai.

Pls Enjoy, shoot the hell out of it, and let me know what you would like to see improved on.
2017-10-21, 07:08 AM
F/A-22N Sea Raptor: the US Navy will soon confront an operational environment where any nation equipped with modern long range aircraft such as the Su-27/30/35 Flanker will be able to challenge a Carrier Strike Group with a saturation supersonic cruise missile attack. Neither the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet nor the F-35C Joint Strike Fighter will have the performance or stealth to deal with this kind of threat. The only technological choice available within a feasible timeline and budget is a direct adaptation of the existing F-22A Raptor (Authors).

http://ausairpower.net/APA-NOTAM-230209-1.html

Should be ready for carrier service soon, still working out carrier take off sequencing.
http://ausairpower.net/XIMG/FA-22N-Catshot-1S.png
2018-06-12, 09:27 PM
added latest addition to the raptor family.

F-22RaptorCustomJetSmall That is the current Show case bird of a New mod for Jet fighter "Fighter Jet Improvements" found here http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/f...hp?fid=189

Pls enjoy, also you will need this mod to use this jet. Download and screen shots see primary post.
2018-06-14, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-06-14 11:16 PM by Soulcharger.)
Added a new F-22SmallShowcase jet. This one is an example of current progress on the Fighter Jet Improvements mod. Found here http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...#pid376424

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=50854]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2018-07-21, 08:30 AM
Quick question, was the showcase f-22 built around version 0.41 or 0.51 of the fighter jet improvements mod? I'm getting wooden blocks for the canopy, and for some of the blocks on the rear portion of the wing (Ailerons of some sort maybe?). I'm running the development version if that helps any (2.16a, not the devtest).
Even with the wood blocks there it still works great, I'm going to load my carrier up with them soon!
2018-07-21, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-07-21 04:56 PM by Soulcharger.)
I thought it was built with the latest that was updated, right now my pc is in the shop because the HD failed which means It will be about a week or 2 before I can fix those issues. The canopy turning into wood was due to the changes 2.17 brought and it messed with the mod making some blocks turn into wood. If I recall right I was trying to make the mod compatible with both when the HDD failed so there may be some special blocks that do not work for both.

Current PC I am on is too weak to do modding with barely runs the game on 2.16 at 18fps and 9-10 fps in 2.17. Glad your enjoying the mod. FTD discord http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=22031 second post link.

Edit: Okay so it seems I built that plane on a new version of the mod then what I released.......Once my brother comes on I will have him forward the latest version to me and I will upload it, be warned there will be features more unfinished then the version you have.

Edit2: I have added 0.57 to the mod page, this should fix your problem with my jet
2018-07-21, 11:37 PM
(2018-07-21 03:32 PM)Soulcharger Wrote:  I thought it was built with the latest that was updated, right now my pc is in the shop because the HD failed which means It will be about a week or 2 before I can fix those issues. The canopy turning into wood was due to the changes 2.17 brought and it messed with the mod making some blocks turn into wood. If I recall right I was trying to make the mod compatible with both when the HDD failed so there may be some special blocks that do not work for both.

Current PC I am on is too weak to do modding with barely runs the game on 2.16 at 18fps and 9-10 fps in 2.17. Glad your enjoying the mod. FTD discord http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=22031 second post link.

Edit: Okay so it seems I built that plane on a new version of the mod then what I released.......Once my brother comes on I will have him forward the latest version to me and I will upload it, be warned there will be features more unfinished then the version you have.

Edit2: I have added 0.57 to the mod page, this should fix your problem with my jet

Sweet, I'll give this some playtime here in a bit and tell you if I find anything wonky!