Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Player] Flashheart Replacement
2017-09-14, 04:29 AM
[Player] Flashheart Replacement
I noticed the discussion on the Discord about rejuvenating the Player faction starter vehicles, and recently found that the Flashheart flies into space. I tried to just do a thorough update of the plane but that didn't fly well enough, so here's a replacement. It uses no PIDs so pitches up and down, but it maintains ~90m altitude in combat and is usually able to deliver it's two 3-block radar-guided frag-HE missiles on target. Here are some more details:
-36m/s speed
-very fragile
-1718RP
-136 blocks
-17.88 FtD tons
-combined prop-jet propulsion
-water start equipped
It uses a wireless snooper and radar guidance heads, but other than those parts it is very simple and designed to be a model for microplanes, with no complex ACB or PID work.

I understand that this was not requested and I don't mind at all if it isn't taken.

.blueprint  Sparrow.blueprint (Size: 38.03 KB / Downloads: 4)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-14, 11:59 AM
RE: [Player] Flashheart Replacement
Ok, got it.
However, I added PIDs to make it more stable, increased the strength of the missiles, and added more Aero elevators and Ailerons to compensate for the Pitch PID casing the plane to go swimming.

Also, changed the colors to player Fleet colors.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Sparrow.blueprint (Size: 39.05 KB / Downloads: 5)

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-09-14, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-14 01:05 PM by Stinger10034.)
Sounds good. Would you mind if I fixed or replaced more Player designs?
2017-09-14, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-14 01:13 PM by majyst.)
(2017-09-14 01:03 PM)Stinger10034 Wrote:  Sounds good. Would you mind if I fixed or replaced more Player designs?

Well, ive already got a replacement for Cutlass and Rapier.

There is a flying design called Gnat I havent looked at, but I would bet its broken. Could be fixed or replaced.
Edit: Gnat flies to space, too much wing power. Need less wing and more downward thrust, or just replace it.

Sentinel, Dredge and Oricanus all seem fine to me so they dont need anything.

Dunno if i missed anything else?

(Volley got deleted)

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds