Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3m shells into 6m loaders getting double loading... Normal?
2017-09-14, 08:13 PM
RE: 3m shells into 6m loaders getting double loading... Normal?
(2017-09-14 08:08 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  Length multiplier ( for complexity ) is 1/sqrt(loader length) iirc, so longer loaders benefit all shells. Pretty sure two 3m loaders would still beat out one 6m for 3m shells though.

Hey Richard that's exactly what I was thinking, I had always been stacking 3m loaders to have more shells ready to fire instead of using the longer loaders because while the loader bonus is nice it never seemed to pay off over extra loaders. I'll try to upload the blueprint later tonight PST and see what you and Draba think.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-14, 08:18 PM
(2017-09-14 12:28 PM)draba Wrote:  It's a mod or you aren't noticing something.
I've used plenty of <4m shells in 8m loaders, they definitely do not work that way.

Even if they did, the main selling point of clipless is having less explosive shells stockpiled: you want to empty the gun as soon as possible and then fire every shell as soon as it's loaded.
Sustained firerate is limited by input count/reloadtime so you aren't gaining anything anyway.

Hey Draba you're right it's probably something I missed, I've just never seen it before. I appreciate l33t FTD'er help thx!
2017-09-15, 04:47 PM
Hey I was trying out the turret some more and I think what I thought was double loading was an artifact of multiple input timing after partial firing. Thanks for the help.