Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
3m shells into 6m loaders getting double loading... Normal?
2017-09-14, 03:00 AM
3m shells into 6m loaders getting double loading... Normal?
Hey guys a question, first time trying 3m shells into 6m loaders with 2 inputs I'm getting double loading. 40 loaders filling 80 shells. Normal? My listed load multiplier with complexity and 6m + 1 clip is 1.01 so I didn't expect to get any advantage over shorter loaders with the same load multiplier at the end... Now every loader cycle each autoloader processes 2 shells at once. Is this a special bonus for using loaders that can fit 2 shells at once lengthwise? I've always matched my loaders to my shells so I haven't seen this before. Any tips would be appreciated, thx for your time...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-14, 03:27 AM
RE: 3m shells into 6m loaders getting double loading... Normal?
Ive once read of bonuses for using shorter shells in longer loaders, but I don.t know if that is it.

Builds things*
*Quality Varies
2017-09-14, 03:33 AM
How intriguing might need to give this a look

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. - Winston Churchill
2017-09-14, 03:39 AM
Try it out if you're interested, I'd like to know if it's just me. I was using a 11x11x8h armored to 13x13x10h. My shells were like 3m even or 2997mm, 2 inputs per 6m loader. Getting the double load really changes refire, it's like having 2x shells ready to fire in each loader.
2017-09-14, 11:34 AM
There is such a thing like length Bonus but I dont know how it works. This could be it.
2017-09-14, 11:44 AM
Yes? Big Grin
Anyway, thanx for the experiment, good to know!

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-14, 12:28 PM
It's a mod or you aren't noticing something.
I've used plenty of <4m shells in 8m loaders, they definitely do not work that way.

Even if they did, the main selling point of clipless is having less explosive shells stockpiled: you want to empty the gun as soon as possible and then fire every shell as soon as it's loaded.
Sustained firerate is limited by input count/reloadtime so you aren't gaining anything anyway.
2017-09-14, 12:40 PM
(2017-09-14 12:28 PM)draba Wrote:  It's a mod or you aren't noticing something.
I've used plenty of <4m shells in 8m loaders, they definitely do not work that way.

Even if they did, the main selling point of clipless is having less explosive shells stockpiled: you want to empty the gun as soon as possible and then fire every shell as soon as it's loaded.
Sustained firerate is limited by input count/reloadtime so you aren't gaining anything anyway.

So the length multiplier is just a general boost to reloading time of all shells?
2017-09-14, 08:06 PM
Yes the longer the loader the bigger the bonus other wise 8meter shell's would need hours for reload

like's strange music Tongue
2017-09-14, 08:08 PM
Length multiplier ( for complexity ) is 1/sqrt(loader length) iirc, so longer loaders benefit all shells. Pretty sure two 3m loaders would still beat out one 6m for 3m shells though.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 17/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.