Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Steam workshop upload issues 2.02; any way to revert to 2.01 so I can upload again?
2017-09-11, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-12 05:43 PM by coconut219.)
Bug Steam workshop upload issues 2.02; any way to revert to 2.01 so I can upload again?
(Even though the community of this game is pretty stagnant I figured I'd post here in case anyone still has answers.)

The upload tool has worked (at least somewhat consistently) since I first started playing with the exception of the servers being down a week or two but very rarely.

I have tried uploading vehicles and even small test blueprints for about two weeks now but the uploader refuses to work at all.

I checked a known bug with FTD's cloud folder but the available folder space was still well within' reasonable bounds so I don't think its an issue with that.

Its a longshot, but possibly if there is any way to revert the install to 2.01 it may just be a 2.02 related bug and I will be able to upload and update my backlog of projects on the workshop.

(If anyone actually bothers to read this, I can totally upload an attached clean log of me attempting to upload a test blueprint. I don't actually know if that shows up in logs though but you're the expert after all... probably?)

.zip  workshop_output_log.zip (Size: 10.94 KB / Downloads: 7)

[Image: wpidR4E.png]
"Putting a bunch of quotes in your signature to seem smart makes
you look like an egotistical prick most of the time."
-Videogames
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-12, 07:54 AM
RE: Steam workshop upload issues 2.02; any way to revert to 2.01 so I can upload again?
(2017-09-11 08:25 PM)coconut219 Wrote:  (If anyone actually bothers to read this, I can totally upload an attached clean log of me attempting to upload a test blueprint. I don't actually know if that shows up in logs though but you're the expert after all... probably?)

I think that's a good idea, do it in advance, when the devs take a peek. (Y)

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
2017-09-12, 05:46 PM
RE: Steam workshop upload issues 2.02; any way to revert to 2.01 so I can upload again?
Overnight I ran a 100% clean install, moved all the files over to a backup and installed it through steam like normal.

Problem still persisting after testing it just now, I've attached the exact log from that test about 10 minutes ago so find it at the bottom of the post now.

-Videogames
2017-09-13, 06:06 AM
1.Right-Click your game of choice in your Steam Library. Select Properties, select the Betas tab.
2.Click on the drop down menu at the top, which should say "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs".
3.If this menu now offers earlier versions, then your game offers the rollback function you seek, otherwise there is nothing you can do.

I did this with HoI4 once, and it was possible, so you might try it with FtD. I'm currently not at my PC, so i can't see if it works.
Find all posts by this user
2017-09-13, 08:44 AM
(2017-09-12 05:46 PM)coconut219 Wrote:  Overnight I ran a 100% clean install, moved all the files over to a backup and installed it through steam like normal.

Problem still persisting after testing it just now, I've attached the exact log from that test about 10 minutes ago so find it at the bottom of the post now.

Hmm, that would be a problem.
I'd like to put up the airship-submarine adventurecraft and 2 hover-submarines as they are nearing completion.

Also I've taken a peek into your FtD steam screenshots, and would be interested in shared builds (multiplayer or bluepring-swaps)

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
2017-09-13, 03:32 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-13 03:33 PM by coconut219.)
(2017-09-13 06:06 AM)Flololo14 Wrote:  (insert words here)

Already know that there isn't any, and I did just check there is something called 'oldcampaign' but that was an old patch from like a year ago. Thanks anyway.

You'd actually be surprised that pretty much no games actually use this feature, (Or are the kind you need a bunch of debug codes for) you just got lucky with Hearts of Iron because its a good quality game.

-Videogames
2017-09-13, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-13 09:27 PM by Flololo14.)
Yeah. With Sabaton musik, and a lot oft DLCs because Paradox.

But i think there is pretty much nothing you can do then. Only hope it will get fixed in the next patch.
Find all posts by this user