Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Anocibar Class Cruiser *new model 2*
2017-09-18, 01:59 AM
RE: The Anocibar Class Cruiser
Should say that wood on the inside of the outer armour is actually better HESH protection, because it'll spawn frags with lower AP - but it does very little vs anything else except take up volume. Irrespective of that, an air gap is still a good idea.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-18, 08:53 AM
RE: The Anocibar Class Cruiser
"I've got another few points about mixing shells. there is another way that involves allowing cannons to independently target. If i remember correctly you need a weapon controller for the turret, and then another controller direly under each firing piece. the turret controller works normally, pointing the turret, but the other controllers, becasue they are closer, override the commands of the first and will allow each cannon to aim it's gun barrels differently to get the correct range. This method still struggles against fast, evasive vehicles, but it will at least let heavy guns target correctly most of the time. It also makes the guns more resistant to damage as each gun will correct for it's own level of barrel damage (I believe, haven't' tested this last part)"

Remember that a weapon controller can control in a straight line 1 and 2 away.
I did turrets which had the same weapon controller 2 away from the turret, and 2 away from 4 different weapon systems (3 cannons, one missile).

Just remember, the weapon controller will aim the turret by the first component you install.
You've put down a laser combiner? Exact aim. A missile controller? Leading aim. Et cetera...

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

"Why did you reposted your question, there is a thread for that already"
versus
"Why didn't you made a new topic, instead necroing this one"
Humanz Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-18, 11:23 PM
RE: The Anocibar Class Cruiser *new model 2*
New version is here give her a test run boys!
2017-09-19, 04:37 AM
RE: The Anocibar Class Cruiser *new model 2*
Had a few mins to have a quick look:

* Front turrets are too close together - if one goes up, so does the other. With no armour on the actual turret, you need a gap of 8 blocks between clips/loaders at minimum to be safe, probably more for flak.
* HESH just wrecks it, for the reasons we've given already ( no air-gaps/spaced armour ) - not sure you're going to be facing HESH in campaign yet, but something to be aware of.

Otherwise seems a lot tougher. I've only run it against a couple of my battle-hardened ships rather than anything it's likely to face so that isn't really a fair test, but I don't have time to do that right now. Good improvement so far anyway.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.