Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
[OW] New Design Request: Easy Sailship
2017-09-10, 08:46 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 09:01 AM by majyst.)
[OW] New Design Request: Easy Sailship
Need a new sailship made for the Easy difficulty.
This one is to be the largest and strongest in Easy, around 35-40 FPs.
8-10k Block count.

Looking for a Mighty Man O' War, something full of detail.

The Broadside Must be nothing but Simple Large cannons in 3-4 Rows, we want a massive broadside of weak shots.

Karbengo will post with further instructions for OW sailships.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-10, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 08:58 AM by karbengo.)
RE: [OW] New Design Request: Easy Sailship
Some additional recommendations:

- Put the masts on spinblocks and give the sails winches and the AI a sailing card for the ship to sail in the best possible conditions.
- Favor an active stabilization over a block intensive lead keel, with vertical propellers hidden inside the hull and PID for roll, pitch and eventually air pump control, installed near the AI.
- OW is limited to visual camera sensors, 90°, 360°, telescopes (not gimbal) and coincidence rangefinders. You also need to install a wireless snooper close to the AI, along with an intra-vehicle transmitter to share detection info with allied vessels.
- Make sure your ship is well build, optimized for block count and fully painted.
- Don't forget to add a heart stone with enough extensions to cover the block count of the vessel, material storage with fleet sharing enabled and enough fuel to operates 5 min minimum in combat.

Good work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-11, 08:04 PM
Once I finish my Angry Chicken refit and my main battlethrustercraft I will start on this. Is this allowed to have APS or auto cannons on turrets for AA? Will this be an only simple weapon ship or can a few APS or CRAM turrets be added to the deck too?

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-09-12, 02:41 AM
(2017-09-11 08:04 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  Once I finish my Angry Chicken refit and my main battlethrustercraft I will start on this. Is this allowed to have APS or auto cannons on turrets for AA? Will this be an only simple weapon ship or can a few APS or CRAM turrets be added to the deck too?

This is an Easy design, so it should have no AA. It should be a fairly realistic Sailship really.

Could Have Some APS deck guns that are set with a frag shell that detonates immediately on firing, looks like grape shot then.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

2017-09-12, 04:30 AM
Here is my submission. The "Bec De Corbin," which is the old French name for a pole-arm war-hammer.

[Image: dVPAfKw.jpg]

It comes with faux rudder and rudder control, chunky sails, and little deck guns. Along with minor decoration inside. Heart-stone bed included!

[Image: T8Y9fLG.jpg]
[Image: w5Hj3w8.jpg]
[Image: CJbeDtl.jpg]
[Image: wrVMOTk.jpg]
[Image: fv7qS5R.jpg]
[Image: LEACrVs.jpg]
[Image: ceCnRrg.jpg]
[Image: LvveCn2.jpg]
[Image: dI6J68V.jpg]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Bec De Corbin.blueprint (Size: 391.25 KB / Downloads: 4)
2017-09-12, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-12 04:57 AM by majyst.)
(2017-09-12 04:30 AM)Sumyunguy Wrote:  Here is my submission. The "Bec De Corbin," which is the old French name for a pole-arm war-hammer.

It comes with faux rudder and rudder control, chunky sails, and little deck guns. Along with minor decoration inside. Heart-stone bed included!

Ohh yeah, this is very nice. Lots of fun details on this, I especially love the deck cannons.

Some details im not much of a fan of, like the "wood block variant 9" being used for rails on the front and back decks i think looks a little junky, maybe its just me though, uo to you if you want to change them.

One thing for sure that is an issue is the Cannon broadside. With only 2 rows thats less the the minimum requested.

I suggest adding 2 more rows built however you like in this space, all the way down the length of the ship matching the other cannons.
[Image: 8403d22ff5.png]

So, thats the main sticking point for me. Karbengo might stop by with other change request that would also be needed. Im guessing he will have something to say about the paint.

2017-09-12, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-12 07:40 AM by Sumyunguy.)
(2017-09-12 04:56 AM)majyst Wrote:  --snip--

Okay, I've removed all the junky boards and replaced them with 2m and 1m wedges, which does look a tad better. I've also added the 3rd and 4th row of cannons, tweaked the AI, and added some internal control run by PIDs as Karbengo talked about. It's quite tanky and stays at a proper height if the bottom becomes breached. Seeing all those cannons fire in a sweeping volley is something else Smile

[Image: 5qoWsHz.jpg]
[Image: 0sAOLX3.jpg]

I'm not much of a painter so if it needs a better coat someone else might have a better idea for colors and location of painted blocks. I can repaint it then if it is unsatisfactory.

EDIT: Blueprint was missing a block so it was updated.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Bec De Corbin.blueprint (Size: 428.45 KB / Downloads: 3)
2017-09-12, 07:27 AM
Oh yeah, that's one mighty sailship that is. It remind me of the Ironcross, but much bigger. I really like how you made the guns on the deck on rolling trolleys.
If you struggle with the paint, please allow me to help you.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-12, 07:31 AM
Great work, I have no further input on what I need changed, so now its up to Karbengo for the looks.

2017-09-12, 07:42 AM
(2017-09-12 07:27 AM)karbengo Wrote:  Oh yeah, that's one mighty sailship that is. It remind me of the Ironcross, but much bigger. I really like how you made the guns on the deck on rolling trolleys.
If you struggle with the paint, please allow me to help you.

Yes, please. If you wish to correct on your own or if you have some guidelines/examples on how to properly paint it for me, I would be very grateful.