Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aircraft Losing Altitude when laser in use
2017-09-09, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 09:00 AM by Vitreal.)
Aircraft Losing Altitude when laser in use
I have been bumbling my way through my first laser ship which is also my first jet stabilized aircraft using batteries for the first time with a steam engine for the first time.

SO many firsts. So the thing is stable in flight and moves around just fine, but when i start shooting the laser the ship loses all engine power and starts slowly falling out of the sky.

Once i stop firing for a few seconds, engine power is restored and the ship starts flying again. I have tried stacking engines to the max and nothing keeps the ship from falling. Mind you it doesn't nose dive, just slowly loses altitude. I have attached the blueprint for folks to review.

Update:
The Steam Version is done, solid, robust, and good enough for its basic task: A decent enough design to deal with the Lightning Hoods. I still need to work on general defenses, but a pair of them can take on anything Expert and down in the lightning hood arsenal (Mostly Tesla and Megawatts i keep running across) They drill down into the AI and kill it which is exactly what i need to keep up with the fuel costs.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Predator-Laser.blueprint (Size: 103.19 KB / Downloads: 4)
.blueprint  Predator-Laser-SteamPower.blueprint (Size: 114.06 KB / Downloads: 3)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-10, 12:39 AM
RE: Aircraft Losing Altitude when laser in use
The laser pumps are taking all of the power from the jets. You need to add more power until you can run both systems at the same time with a bit of surplus to make sure that doesn't happen, or you need to cut down your pump count.
2017-09-10, 01:48 AM
RE: Aircraft Losing Altitude when laser in use
Update: Reduced # of pumps by 20 3m and increased engine output to 40k. removed electric engine. Now pulses 3k damage 37 AP triple 2Q laser blasts while maintaining speed of 55.10 m/s.

The steam engine literally eats 19.9 material per second... may setup an automated control block to dial that back massively when not in combat.