Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some sort of Shippy Bathtub Hull
2017-09-09, 12:48 PM
Some sort of Shippy Bathtub Hull
Hello fellas.

About to begin work filling out this hull with stuff and things and I thought a couple of you might enjoy creating your own vision of a ship with this hull.

Its dimensions are:
L: 109
W: 19
H: 10

[Image: WnNn8yZ.jpg]

Its a single layer of metal painted in fleet primary in a lovely shippy cigar like shape.
Hope you enjoy!

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Bathtub.blueprint (Size: 97.08 KB / Downloads: 15)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-09, 03:35 PM
RE: Some sort of Shippy Bathtub Hull
This could actually be a really interesting thread. Different people interpreting the hull.

Centralised Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
3100 Hours Ingame and Counting
2017-09-13, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-14 12:27 AM by Sgtle0pard.)
You know what?? I've been looking for an excuse to get back into the game and this might just be the thing to do it! I've gotta be up for work tommorow sadly but afterwards if I get time I'll see if I can get what I want done with it throughout tommorow night... I'll edit this post if otberwise

EDIT: welp, just finished my phone games and it's past midnight... Gotta be up again and don't finish till late tommorow but I can get a good start on Friday, apologies for the promise but I will try my best to make something out of it this weekend!
2017-09-13, 03:15 AM
Awesome! Glad I've inspired someone. I'll try and get some work done on my ship as well.
2017-09-14, 12:09 PM
I couldn't wait and just went ahead and squeezed an hour before work today just getting the armouring ready as I was just not satisfied with going around in a 1M belt of armour :3, most of the placeholders are ready now and just need filling with bits and such.

[Image: TCmxwlI.jpg]
2017-09-16, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-16 11:34 AM by Sgtle0pard.)
SO heres the progress I made... the guns are functional enough and need proper turret caps unlike these placeholders that are in place for now... The bridge is done more or less (though ill admit, it looks a bit fat on this hull) and probably needs some form of AA defences...

Now it just needs detection equipment and cosmetics done on it and then shes sea-worthy, for combat efficient she needs much larger engines to power up shields and LAMS and other such things... and that's pretty much it left to do!

[Image: NDEe7G1.jpg]

[Image: gboqSoY.jpg]
2017-09-16, 11:47 AM
@ Sgtle0pard

The bridge definetly could get some more work, the turret looks really odd, try not using muzzlebrakes and a more proper turret cap

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-09-18, 01:45 PM
Sorry guys ive been quite ill this weekend... still a tad queazy as I write this out

Anyhow I took the last comment onto myself and rebuilt the bridge from scratch and the turrets now have proper caps (Im still not happy with them so if you can help with that, please do so!)

Almost got all the cosmetics sorted, I just need to install a chimney for the exhausts and I cant for the life of me build a nice-looking one... Also shes good enough for combat trials BUT I would like some AA, LAMS & Shields (which will require much larger engines instead of the ones ive dumped inside). Oh and torpedos, cant forget those :3.

Annnnd Countermeasures.... maybe sonar decoys??

[Image: qplwbUb.jpg]