Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with ACB's and thrusters on a submarine
2017-09-08, 03:01 AM
Help with ACB's and thrusters on a submarine
I am building a sub that I want to keep the pitch level with 4 propellers set as thrusters. I can keep the sub level manually but I have run into an issue setting the ACB's.

The ACB will trigger when the pitch boundry is hit (15 degrees) and they change the drive fraction to what I have set. I thought drive fraction would mean they would engage, it actually just limits the thruster.

My questions are:

Can I set a thruster to always on, and then use ACB's to limit it?

Is there another setting that can simply trigger a thruster to on?

Is a PID the way to go? I'm pretty new and programming is intimidating to me.

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-08, 04:46 AM
RE: Help with ACB's and thrusters on a submarine
You could limit the thrusters with acbs but set the props as main propulsion so theyre on if the sub id
S moving

There is always a weak-spot if you search Hard enough.

If you fire enough AP at that shield, at some point you're going to come through.

There is no "best" I wouldn't even say there is anything universally good, Good is subjective, I find everything bad even if it's in theory good against this or that.
2017-09-08, 12:21 PM
It helps when the sub is always moving. Try acb's that set and reset the waterdrive via 'desired speeds' .
2017-09-09, 07:05 AM
ACBs can directly fire a propulsion system with the Control / Complex Control output. You will need to set up the propeller with complex control inputs.
Unfortunately this is only good for activating propellers, not deactivating them, but it is adequate for my purposes.
PIDs are also not difficult if it's just keeping a sub level. Use a general-purpose PID set to pitch, set the integral term as high as it will go (which will turn it off), and set the derivative term to something fairly low, tuned with trial and error.