Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I built my ship correctly, but it drives backwards
2017-09-06, 03:32 PM
I built my ship correctly, but it drives backwards
Im playing version 2.02, and i built a massive ship. When i tested its movement, it was sailing backwards, even though i built the ship correctly!Huh
I have no idea why it dose that, but it dose! Also, the starting raft in the designer and new vehicles loaded or created in the designer are designated as air vehicles, and i cant make gun barrells spinHuh
The latter two are minor bugs, but you should do something about the first one that i mentioned.

P.S: I tried rotating the desing, it was driving corectly, but the game was saying that I built it backwards ??????????

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Cuirassat.blueprint (Size: 430.12 KB / Downloads: 6)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-06, 03:45 PM
RE: I built my ship correctly, but it drives backwards
See the Green arrow on my selected block, how it points in the opposite direction from the front of your ship.
That means you built your ship backwards (or a bug im not familiar with made it backwards)
[Image: 56a8d8da5a.png]

To fix it, go to load your design and click the button in the upper right corner twice to rotate your design.
[Image: d7163943ac.png]

Or, save the BP i attach, which is fixed.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Cuirassat.blueprint (Size: 426.39 KB / Downloads: 3)

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-09-10, 09:57 PM
To make gun barrels spin you must select an RPM (this tells the gun how quickly the barrels should be spinning) and of course have multiple barrels for the same gun. Get into the habit of testing the sustained fire rate of your cannons and then calculating the RPM they can support as it's a very helpful skill instead of using the firing delay function. To calculate your RPM as determined by barrel cooldown take the stated cooldown of a barrel after firing the cannon and then divide that by the number of cannons used, then divide 60 by the resulting value.
2017-09-11, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-11 09:20 AM by BioPhoenix.)
(2017-09-10 09:57 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  To make gun barrels spin you must select an RPM (this tells the gun how quickly the barrels should be spinning) and of course have multiple barrels for the same gun. Get into the habit of testing the sustained fire rate of your cannons and then calculating the RPM they can support as it's a very helpful skill instead of using the firing delay function. To calculate your RPM as determined by barrel cooldown take the stated cooldown of a barrel after firing the cannon and then divide that by the number of cannons used, then divide 60 by the resulting value.

It's pretty easy to calculate a shell's sustained RPM. Assuming adequate cooling and uniform autoloaders, the effective rate of fire of a gun is one over the effective reload time, which is equal to the nominal reload time from clip times the individual clip reload time modifier divided by number of clips.
With nonuniform autoloaders, just calculate the RPMs of all the individual autoloader types and add together.

Equivalently, the rate of fire of a gun is equal to the sum of the rates of fire of the autoloaders, which are the reciprocals of the products of their shells' nominal reload-from-clip time and their clip reload modifiers.