Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Minimium APS caliber for the shell to work
2017-09-07, 08:19 PM
RE: Minimium APS caliber for the shell to work
I just wanted a gun with variety. The Flak will hopefully work fairly well to take out the enemies missiles+ flares (though it may get mine). The grav rams cause hilarious flipping, capable of capsizing most vessels. The anti-shield is just to make the main guns slightly more effecive. Before the 2.0 frag changes, a 500mm frag shell can take out 8m stacked metal beams, it can probably do 3m now. I may even switch one to firing 0.1s timed fuse smoke shells for laser defense if it becomes a major problem.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-07, 08:51 PM
RE: Minimium APS caliber for the shell to work
(2017-09-06 08:22 PM)Kaonicping Wrote:  Yeah, I never considered whether it's better with DCs to fire lots that do a bit of damage or a few that one-shot shields. But given how easy they are to shoot down, it's probably the former.

Fire them with enough muzzle velocity & they seem to get through just fine ( my big turrets are shooting at 600m/s+ atm ). The ease-of-shooting-down problem is a general FtD issue that screws over low ROF guns full stop.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply