Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Other Games Wherein You Build Stuff
2017-09-06, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 07:09 AM by Sofa.)
Other Games Wherein You Build Stuff
Chances are some other people here play games wherein you build stuff and maybe kill other things aside from FTD. Let's dump examples of said things we've built here.

To start, here's some stuff of mine

[Image: qoUM86Wl.jpg]
[Image: f6pYo8Jl.jpg]
12-ton light tank with 37mm gun, crew of two (driver, gunner/commander), full interior, made in Garry's Mod (with Armored Combat Framework)

[Image: eXzAPwCl.jpg]
[Image: eWW7YHMl.jpg]
WWI-esque self-propelled 203mm howitzer, definitely not ripped off from the St. Chamond. Also made in GMod with ACF.

[Image: p6Pgqj5l.jpg]
Avorion; I was never keen on the way they did turrets cos you could never get proper symmetry without dumping cubic dollar and time into a turret factory so I decided to run with it and make scrappy space-nomad ships.

[Image: Ze9orgPl.jpg?1]
(Jesus on the dashboard, oh yeah!) Also Avorion

[Image: dFJ3BBhl.jpg]
[Image: wrtstjSl.jpg]
Desert salvager town with cyberpunk-esque main drag in Space Engineers

[Image: HbvxUMV.png]
Last proper space-ship I remember building in Space Engineers. Iunno, ever since planets came out all I'd ever built were transports and land-based stuff.

Ships here
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-06, 05:22 AM
RE: Other Games Wherein You Build Stuff
I personally really enjoy Blockland!
Xenoian XHA-1 'Freedom' Gunship
[Image: Blockland_00200.png]

Xenoian XL-33 'Stalwart'
[Image: Blockland_00163.png]

Xenoian XL-33-L 'Szhatie'
[Image: Blockland_00164.png]

Xenoian Regicide Class Destroyer
[Image: Blockland_00137.png]

Bastille Class LSD
[Image: Blockland_00136.png]

Xenoian AL-1 Heavy Tank
[Image: Blockland_00226.png]

Full Xenoian Fleet, WIP.
[Image: Blockland_00138.png]

Combined Communities Front Directorate
Kiso best Light Cruiser. Nagato Best BB.
2600 Hours Ingame and Counting
2017-09-10, 07:07 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-10 07:07 AM by Sofa.)
Got back into Avorion a bit, made a miner and a cheap security ship.
[Image: 1TfajrKh.jpg]

Ships here
2017-09-10, 02:10 PM
When the moment arises where I am bugged by FtD's limitations in terms of rotors and pistons, I like to play Machinecraft. Anyone else here playing that game?

Once in a while I decide to do something stupid and try to perfect it. That is how some of my strongest designs were created.
2017-09-10, 03:16 PM
(2017-09-10 02:10 PM)CubeMaster_1 Wrote:  When the moment arises where I am bugged by FtD's limitations in terms of rotors and pistons, I like to play Machinecraft. Anyone else here playing that game?

Tinkered with it a while back, wasn't a huge fan of the way making shapes with holos worked.

Ships here
2017-09-10, 11:34 PM
(2017-09-10 02:10 PM)CubeMaster_1 Wrote:  When the moment arises where I am bugged by FtD's limitations in terms of rotors and pistons, I like to play Machinecraft. Anyone else here playing that game?

I played it for quite a bit, but everything I built seemed ridiculously bad compared to some of the stuff on the workshop, and if you go on a multiplayer server that's what you'll be seeing all the time. I built a functional biped which was my one achievement, and then after that I didn't really have any inspiration.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside Tongue
2017-09-11, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-11 08:18 AM by Normal69.)
Whole playlist on modded Minecraft, survival asteroid miner junker baseships in Space Engineer, cheaty bases in 7Days to die, Vogon cube in Avorion, various hamlets in Fallout. Smile

Really liked your Avorion-car!

[Image: DEB8387F1E21ABC111F5E7E20E0C585CE9A0EC05]

This have a really rodentlike head:
[Image: 1042F43CBFAE9939D2B9D1404750516C86688F17]

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

"Why did you reposted your question, there is a thread for that already"
versus
"Why didn't you made a new topic, instead necroing this one"
Humanz Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-11, 12:20 PM
Avorion, the ship that ended the invasion. Pretty generic, it basically grew out of the original block

[Image: JBqWrne.png]

StarMade's Mole and Bear, a digger and a resource transport for a Dwarf inspired faction

[Image: GI2tlSI.png]
[Image: WDvAjKM.png]

This Empyrion underground base, I was very proud of it all and lost most of it due to bug, only few screen remains

[Image: BSovlw2.png]
[Image: 53X8mI2.jpg]

StarMade again, a multipurpose drone with a nuke and point defense cannon, docked to a never finished frigate, it even had a cockpit and blast doors for access:

[Image: F410sru.png]

A bomb shaped lander to work around tumbling on duna reentry, in Kerbal Space Program

[Image: B19YOyZ.png]

The most trollish flying legged sniper ever, from a time when rails in Robocraft meant something:
[Image: IG4pSYM.png]

gets high on math
2017-09-11, 08:47 PM
(2017-09-11 12:20 PM)LoSboccacc Wrote:  The most trollish flying legged sniper ever, from a time when rails in Robocraft meant

I remember going around killing legged snipers after rails got a nerf with my plasma bomber, the exact thing they were supposed to counter Tongue.

But since then they've added flak, which basically invalidated aircraft...

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside Tongue