Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
(Request) AI for amphibious craft
2017-09-04, 03:56 PM
(Request) AI for amphibious craft
I'm currently experimenting with building a vehicle that functions as a submarine and a plane, depending on what enemies it's facing. I was hoping someone could write a code for this craft with the following criteria:
If (targeted)enemy is above - height, sets cruising altitude to -
If enemy is below - height, sets cruising altitude to-
Performs similar to an aerial AI card
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-05, 03:04 PM
RE: (Request) AI for amphibious craft
A commendable aim, brother!
Till someone writes you an AI the following possibilities can be used (as far as I know):
-PID height<--you can set it with a control block with different conditions
-manual control<--you can at least prepare the unit till the AI arrives
-set the height X above terrain<--on sea it will be a sub, but hovers out above land

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-05, 06:11 PM
(2017-09-05 03:04 PM)Normal69 Wrote:  A commendable aim, brother!
Till someone writes you an AI the following possibilities can be used (as far as I know):
-PID height<--you can set it with a control block with different conditions
-manual control<--you can at least prepare the unit till the AI arrives
-set the height X above terrain<--on sea it will be a sub, but hovers out above land

The PID is actually...a really good idea. I'm not sure why I didn't think of using it.Tongue I usually don't like using manual control for my vehicles though, mainly because I like to be free to watch the explosions. I've actually started work on the hull, although it is still really under development.
2017-09-05, 09:02 PM
You can also straight up set an aerial AI's altitude with ACBs and force it to control water propulsion also with ACBs. ('Command received to go forward' activating a complex control button to go forward.)
2017-09-06, 08:53 AM
(2017-09-05 09:02 PM)BioPhoenix Wrote:  You can also straight up set an aerial AI's altitude with ACBs and force it to control water propulsion also with ACBs. ('Command received to go forward' activating a complex control button to go forward.)

Thanks for the info. However, aftter a bit of experimentation with my prototype design I've found ACBs' can't really do what I want the craft to do: the settings allow any enemy to fulfil the range conditions, which is fine if only one enemy is present, but what I really want is a control system that sets it to air or water mode depending on what sort of ship it's currently targeting.