Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
After Cataclysm Texture Overhaul v1.0.0
2018-01-10, 07:29 PM
RE: After Cataclysm Texture Overhaul v1.0.0
Google image textures would look weird and be very hard to merge, let alone not matching any other texture .

A guide to Realism

Ask me about After Cataclysm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-01-13, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 2018-01-13 09:10 PM by BrokenSetOnline.)
RE: After Cataclysm Texture Overhaul v1.0.0
Yes, I created a forum account just for this.
First of all I wanna thank you for making new textures for the game, I've felt it needed them for a while.
This comes with a caveat that the base game came with as well. The radar-susceptibility descriptions do not match up with the textures. The light alloy, while being the most useful for hiding from radar detection, is still textured like it's covered in rivets and edges, while the heavy armor is arguably the smoothest texture available.
My suggestion would be to refrain from having any overt round surfaces on the light alloy texture, save for maybe the occasional light weld line. Either that or recategorize them somewhat. The heavy armor texture could be used as the light armor texture, the standard metal texture can be used for heavy armor, and the light armor texture can be used for the standard metal.
Don't hesitate to tell me if I'm being unreasonable.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply