Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AI borked
2017-09-03, 03:29 AM
AI borked
I had an AI mainframe setup days ago with a lot of processing cards, because I have a lot of trackers, detectors.

Suddenly today I notice half the stuff is no longer connected. When I check the AI connectors some are connecting, some are not. I checked the connections, they should be working, and did work for days, now they do not. I can delete them all and rebuild them, even new mainframe. For some reason the some of the connectors are not connecting. If thats not bad enough, the processing cards are doing the same thing, they are saying not connected, even though they are sitting right on top the connectors that are connected! I have no idea why all this stopped working out of the blue but I cant find a way to fix it. I have been playing with the current system since it came out, like 100 hours at least, so I understand how its supposed to work and currently its broken for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-03, 05:22 AM
RE: AI borked
So i think i figured it out. Basically the AI had too much spaghetti attached to it. I guess it couldnt deal with 100 different connections to laser warners, smoke dispensers, detectors, trackers, etc... I ended up creating 2 more to share the load and it seems to be working fine. It would be nice to get a warning somewhere in the tutorial or game that you cant make these things too big or it stops working. I noticed the same thing with exhaust systems, and againt there was no warning there either.
2017-09-03, 01:29 PM
Had exhaust problem too. Tried to consolidate exhaust pipes and it wa not possible.
2017-09-03, 09:54 PM
You'll have the same problem with lasers & PAC - it's a code limitation as far as I remember ( iirc thanks to using recursion ). I think the limit for exhausts is 1000 length.

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 23/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
2017-09-03, 10:52 PM
(2017-09-03 09:54 PM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  You'll have the same problem with lasers & PAC - it's a code limitation as far as I remember ( iirc thanks to using recursion ). I think the limit for exhausts is 1000 length.

I suppose it is limit on recurring tasks like modeling pipe system. It is in place to prevent loops from crashing the game.