Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why can't the AI turn?
2017-09-02, 11:20 PM
Why can't the AI turn?
I'm a fairly inexperienced builder, and I ran into a problem building my first airship. The AI can't figure out how to turn.

I'm relying on tailplane blocks to control yaw. I have an aerial AI card and a target prioritization card attached to the mainframe. I also have a vehicle controller. The ship turns fine if I manually control it. If I spawn an enemy near it, it can aim its gun and shoot, so the AI is doing something. It just never turns and ignores all fleet move orders. Is there something I'm missing?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-02, 11:55 PM
RE: Why can't the AI turn?
Go to the AI card and change the 2nd setting (angle deviation before roll to turn) to 180 degrees, then change the 3rd setting (most extreme roll angle) to 0. You should now have an aircraft that uses only yaw control to turn.
2017-09-03, 01:29 AM
RE: Why can't the AI turn?
(2017-09-02 11:55 PM)Vorpalim Wrote:  Go to the AI card and change the 2nd setting (angle deviation before roll to turn) to 180 degrees, then change the 3rd setting (most extreme roll angle) to 0. You should now have an aircraft that uses only yaw control to turn.

That worked. Thanks so much. I had no idea the AI cards could be modified that way,