Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tortuga+early game=total DWG domination
2017-09-02, 05:04 AM
Tortuga+early game=total DWG domination
Hello people at the DWG, I have a concern. I've recently got into a new campaign with a friend and started out with the basic stuff. We have waited a bit to prepare and have won a few battles. However, we ran into a problem. A Tortuga comes out of nowhere. This isn't the first time I have fought this. I actually have lost 2 times against this monstrosity with 2 other friends, and has caused us to ragequit because, we essentially lost the game. All I ask is that you change the spawn time for the tortuga for at least 5-6 hours, as that is the time some people reach the fishing hole. My problem is that it costs way too much, its CRAMs are way too deadly for our flimsy starter craft, and the planes are too annoyinga and there are too many of them. It makes the game unplayable for new people and mildly experienced people.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-02, 05:44 AM
RE: Tortuga+early game=total DWG domination
Playing on regular difficulty? Spawns are not fixed, they're based on the total force points of garrisons and reinforcement fleets. I'll bring this up with Majyst and see if there are any irregularities.
Find all posts by this user
2017-09-02, 05:49 AM
Ok, I set a 4 hour delay on it.
Also, its an Expert Design. If you play on regular you should rarely see it, if you play on Easy difficulty then you will never see it.

"Ask for the world and you'll get nothing, ask for something achievable and you might actually get it." -Majyst

"Im a leaf on the Wind, Watch how I soar" - 'Wash' Washburne

"Exaggerating just pisses me off" -Majyst

"Shiny" -Captain Malcolm Reynolds
2017-09-03, 12:38 AM
(2017-09-02 05:49 AM)majyst Wrote:  Ok, I set a 4 hour delay on it.
Also, its an Expert Design. If you play on regular you should rarely see it, if you play on Easy difficulty then you will never see it.

Here's how I do most of my campaigns.
Custom difficulty. 1 difficulty modifier, max growth factor, 1.20-1.50 design difficulty. I do that for all except for the first campaign I've ever done. Don't know why I saw that so early on, my friend and I only attacked 2 tiles. I'm pretty sure that every single time I've seen it, its been sent from the fortress to attack us...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-03, 09:49 PM
I have had a Kraken spawn in the tile north of the starter fortress ( often something nasty like a Conger there ) which definitely hasn't reinforced from their starter base, because it won't have time to get there.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.