Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Prod my fleet! [BP dump]
2017-08-31, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-14 04:45 AM by oventoaster955.)
Prod my fleet! [BP dump]
I have decided to take a serious attempt at the Quest for Neter and actually beat the game for once. To assist in this, I decided to open this thread where you guys can critique my designs (and perhaps use them/test them yourself).

I will be updating this thread with new ships from time to time, so check back often!

Patrol Boats:
  • HMS Starlight (here in this post)
  • [CLASSIFIED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE]
Destroyers:
  • Starshine MK 1
Cruisers:
  • Stardust MK 1 (Light Anti-Strike Cruiser)
  • Stardust MK 2 (Medium-weight Anti-Strike Cruiser
Battleships:
Dreadnoughts:
Miscellaneous:
  • Nebula Class Logistics Vessel

Patrol Boat: HMS Starlight

[Image: Ju2DXp6.jpg]

Description: A patrol boat retrofitted from an antique spaceship. It possesses a unique mortar-style missile system and torpedo racks for knocking down any opponent at least twice it's cost.

Stats:
Displacement: 1037.95 NMU (Neter Mass Units)
Top Speed: 27.21 knots
Power plant: 2400 Power carb-super box
Armor Profile: 1m Metal bow and stern, 1m Wood/1m Metal citadel
Defenses: 1 layer STR 3 shields
Cost: 23216 Materials

Armaments: 24 VLS gliding surface missiles, 14 5m torpedoes

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  HMS Starlight.blueprint (Size: 93.17 KB / Downloads: 12)
.blueprint  Nebula.blueprint (Size: 96.67 KB / Downloads: 5)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-02, 08:53 AM
RE: Prod my fleet! [BP dump]
So I tested the Starlight out a bit, and it's quite a cool submarine. But it certainly isn't a patrol boat haha. It submerges as soon as it takes even light damage and then it stays down there, which is fine because both the missiles and torps work well underwater, but it ain't no patrol boat. The mortar-missiles are an interesting concept but they only work within a few hundred metres. Anything longer than that and they can't glide far enough. Gliding also obviously leaves them very vulnerable to LAMS. The missiles and torps also lack any real damage IMO, having only one HE warhead each.

The hull looks pretty, but is very fragile, and your ammo is out in the open where one lucky hit can gut the entire interior of the ship. Your AI is also in a very vulnerable location. I'd recommend moving it below the waterline. Cool build overall though
2017-09-02, 07:31 PM
Thanks Shiori. This means a lot to me as I honestly suck at small things. But a sub? I never intended the Starlight to be a submarine... My objective for the Starlight was just something that I could spawn to fight DWG enemies until I have the logistics to build my bigger ships. I've asked about the missiles over in another thread and they suggested the OT isn't needed, I might replace it with a Regulator to keep the missiles flying longer.
2017-09-02, 10:26 PM
"neter mass units" this one made me laugh. I'm gonna have to steal this idea.

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
2017-09-03, 07:50 AM
New addition to the fleet!
Nebula Class Logistics Vessel
[Image: n1iQ6ME.jpg]

Description: A small vessel designed for transporting cargo. It's hold can easily be utilized to rapidly deploy new ships and fortresses out of nowhere.

Stats:
Displacement: 1298.46 NMU
Top Speed: 30 knots
Power Plant: 6400 Power carb-super box
Armor Profile: Unarmored (1m Metal)
Defenses: None

Armaments: 20 AC Bofors guns, mounted on 5 turrets.

Also, have some foreshadowing to build hype...
[Image: Of2ckKq.jpg]
2017-09-07, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 06:18 AM by oventoaster955.)
At last! A cruiser!

Stardust MK I
[Image: wH88Yjs.jpg]

Description:

A light cruiser designed for the Anti-Strike role. Simulations have proven itself able to defeat a Falkenhiem solo and drop it's fighters within 1 minute of engagement. Previous, outdated ships used to have significant trouble with this kind of engagement. It also packs 6 high-yield torpedoes that can gut a Maurader in one salvo. It's also naturally buoyant, meaning it has no fear of sinking, and it packs a monstrous power plant for it's size, allowing plenty for upgrades. Concessions have been made to save on cost in order to deploy the ship as soon as possible. The Stardust is planned for mass-production.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Stardust.blueprint (Size: 246.17 KB / Downloads: 8)
2017-09-07, 11:52 AM
I can test them in WAAAGH! Exterminatus tournament, if that pleases your soul.

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-08, 04:45 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-08 06:00 AM by oventoaster955.)
That would be lovely! ^^

By the way, that night image you saw was NOT the Stardust...

I managed to deploy one of my Stardusts in my campaign, and... well, I think I have a winning ship on my hands. Three Wandas, a Falkenhiem, two Atlases, and at least 7 patrol boats dead at this thing's hands while suffering nothing more than scratched paint and a little bit of splintered wood. Just wait til I armor this thing and give it shields...
2017-09-12, 08:45 AM
Campaign update: I have two Stardusts in my fleet, and they are nothing short of spectacular, effortlessly cleaning up any DWG opponent. Unfortunately, they are very slow, so I commissioned my engineers to come up with something quick and nippy. This is what they came up with:

Starshine MK 1

[Image: 5nQ3auI.jpg]

Description: A small destroyer designed to quickly intercept incoming enemy forces. Its small stature has earned it a reputation for being called "cute" by would-be fighters of this ship. Then again, there's nothing cute about getting your face stuffed with explosive shells that are a meter-and-a-half wide every 13 seconds... As a result of it's surprising cost effectiveness, work is now underway to protect the dated Starlights from becoming obsolete.

Specs:
Cost: 31622 Materials
Displacement: 3779.251 NMU
Top Speed: 52 knots
Power Plant: 4800 Power carb-super box and two 320 Power Electric engines
Armor Profile: 1m Metal, 1m Air, 1m Metal
Defenses: None

Armaments:
2 61.14 inch APHE CRAM cannons, with an inertial fuse, 10K average damage, and 13 second reload.

Special features: 2 experimental MBASS (Missile Based Active Ship Simulator) systems to throw off enemy missiles and small LAMS systems. They have shown major promise, spurring active development in the new technology.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Starshine.blueprint (Size: 93.31 KB / Downloads: 7)
2017-09-13, 06:39 PM
Calamity on the front lines! It turns out that my Stardust is not insanely OP against DWG enemies, as a surprise Barracuda pointed out. It even struggles against Simoons and had a bad run-in with Captain Sal, requiring it to be saved by one of my Starshines. I decided to upgrade my Stardust to the MK 2 with the following improvements:
  • Improved deck armor to 1m Wood, 1m Metal from just Wood
  • Improved Hull Armor to 1m Metal, 1m Air, 1m Metal
  • Speed increased to 29.65 knots from 13 knots
  • Interior design improvements, and an immediate firing of my previous interior designer (Missing WINDOWS?? HOW DO YOU MISS THAT?)
  • LAMS implementation. That excess power plant had to go somewhere...
  • Improved fuel capacity

As a result, the cost of the ship has increased from 84790 to 121986, a 43% cost increase. Bit of a snag, but I managed to capture two resource nodes, so I can fund the retrofits and maybe a third boat...

No. Cruisers can only do so much. It's time to build a battleship...

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Stardust Version 2.blueprint (Size: 307.62 KB / Downloads: 9)