Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spawn depth
2017-09-01, 06:54 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-01 07:07 AM by BioPhoenix.)
RE: Spawn depth
If this is in campaign, designate the submarine as an air unit. Then, put it in play while out of battle and allow it to submerge to your desired depth. Click the crossed swords button on the map view to enter the battle setup phase. It will be underwater while out of play. Then, do not move it during the battle setup phase and when you start the battle it will spawn underwater.

That said, if they manage to get any vague estimate of your bearing at all, then they can still launch sonar-guided torpedoes at you and the torpedoes will still chase you. Be wary.

As for anti-torpedo systems, use LAMS with low range settings, supercavitating CIWS (or short-range timed flak), or missile interceptor torpedoes. All the standard antimissile systems work just as well against sonar torpedoes. For laser-designated torpedoes, use smoke defenses. (Against beam-rider or LUA-guided torpedoes, your only defenses are stealth and agility.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-12, 07:49 PM
(2017-09-01 06:54 AM)BioPhoenix Wrote:  If this is in campaign, designate the submarine as an air unit. Then, put it in play while out of battle and allow it to submerge to your desired depth. Click the crossed swords button on the map view to enter the battle setup phase. It will be underwater while out of play. Then, do not move it during the battle setup phase and when you start the battle it will spawn underwater.

That said, if they manage to get any vague estimate of your bearing at all, then they can still launch sonar-guided torpedoes at you and the torpedoes will still chase you. Be wary.

As for anti-torpedo systems, use LAMS with low range settings, supercavitating CIWS (or short-range timed flak), or missile interceptor torpedoes. All the standard antimissile systems work just as well against sonar torpedoes. For laser-designated torpedoes, use smoke defenses. (Against beam-rider or LUA-guided torpedoes, your only defenses are stealth and agility.)

That's a nice workaround fo the campaign.. Thanks!

As for the anti torps.. I haven't really ever built any laser system since I've always liked gas-powered weapons a lot more.. And.. Frankly.. I'm also kind of lazy to learn how the laser systems work in the game. Big Grin CIWS is not an option for me since firing a deck gun underwater just feels weird to me. I'll give LAMS a try. Although I will most likely do so while developing a new class sub.. The current class is already kind of messy and I don't think, considering my building skills, that I will be able to fit a useful LAMS to the current class.
2017-09-13, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-13 09:02 AM by Normal69.)
Beside the things already mentioned:
-begin the battle from far away (I used upwards pointing ion drives on my sub to go down quicker)
-use a quick small boat as mothership, and dock-hold the big sub under it (ACB release and gather is in my vids)
-have a small flyer drone on the sub, providing radar (intra-vehicle transmitter), and act as a decoy to draw fire (target prioritisation base setting is it likes to get high Big Grin targets )

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

"Why did you reposted your question, there is a thread for that already"
versus
"Why didn't you made a new topic, instead necroing this one"
Humanz Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-13, 01:28 PM
You can make an area of denial flak weapon, a high gauge flak APS set to fire if enemy missile closer than 100, give it a gunpowder casing, timed fuse, and 2 flak warheads, just make it fixed and with a barrel sticking out the side, set the timed fuse to 1-3 seconds (make sure it doesn't damage your sub. Because of the large flak radius it can even, unaimed, destroy any number of torpedoes from all directions.

As for detection: use an aircraft in your fleet. Select the aircraft and sub (the aircraft needs a max altitude similar to the depth you want your sub at) and move them to where you want the sub to be, then facing the enemy take the altitude slider to max in that direction. The sub should be put at a negative altitude. This is a pre-2.0 bug which may still work, not sure though. I haven't seen it get reported in the patch notes but idk. This kept happening to my battleship-with-fighter-support fleet. -100 is not a good altitude for a battleship.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.