Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Various strange questions and answers about game mechanics
2017-09-07, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 01:49 AM by Richard Dastardly.)
RE: Alternative ways of getting power?
Prefabbing an empty box might work, hadn't considered that before.

Edit: it does not.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-07, 05:47 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 05:47 AM by Normal69.)
Oh you've meant it for supply-chains not for resupply fuel.
(an empty one filled by refineries is cheaper way)

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

"Why did you reposted your question, there is a thread for that already"
versus
"Why didn't you made a new topic, instead necroing this one"
Humanz Wink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-07, 01:28 PM
I use small 3x3x20ish jets made out of storage with a single large jet and some RTGs. They go at 100+m/s, and carry 150,000 resources or something. I have larger hydrofoil cargo ships which carry more but go slightly slower. I also have huge 2mil capacity cargo ships going 8m/s

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.
2017-09-07, 04:11 PM
Cool ideas.
I wonder about a resource-grid from undersea bunkers on Neter, like I did stealth tower areas with Cybrans.
Imagine a grid of buildings spanning several strategic rectangles - could they be fit into one fleet?

versus
Humanz Wink
2017-09-07, 06:11 PM
RE: Various strange questions and answers about game mechanics
You can make resource transfer chains, it's a big pain though. I've done it with satellites & undersea structures & the cost does add up - you need to use a ton of resource boxes to increase the transfer range if you don't want to use a million of the things. Really annoying laying them out too.

[Image: 36898825716_7b834a6200_c.jpg]

I have jet hydrofoil/hover resource boats, but I've been trying to build a little more realistically. The purchase cost of a big fuel tanker is horrible Confused

[Image: 33966237725_e569ae1c94_c.jpg]

"more realistically" does not mean "good at aesthetics", unfortunately.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
2017-09-07, 11:12 PM
They look pretty good.

Or at least they look better then what I make.
2017-09-08, 08:06 AM
I know I can do resource transfer chains, one of the strengths of my faction are points into resource-transfer range.
I wonder can you assign (for example) all of your transfer chain units into one fleet regardless of the great distance?
And in that case when a battle happens along that line, would all of them spawn in? Big Grin

I wouldn't use them for transferring materials in a line, but put down them in a 2D grid, so any battle happening in that area are supplied well.

versus
Humanz Wink
2017-09-08, 04:22 PM
You can assign units into a fleet only if they're within a certain distance of each other. Afterwards, I suppose you could move them to appropriate positions, but for static resource-transfer-pipeline units, on the rare occasions I use them, I just put a bunch of oil material tanks as a structure on the bottom of the ocean and call it a pipeline. In that case it's more efficient to build a line or tree structure to somewhere near your front line and let your ships distribute stuff.

I usually use a spacecraft to transfer resources though. That is the fastest and most efficient way.
2017-09-08, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure you can spawn in craft out of battle range ( whatever that is ) even if they're in the same fleet. Haven't got round to deliberately trying, though.

2017-09-08, 06:09 PM
You would NOT be able to put them in the same fleet, you could with 2-3 of them, but not a whole line.

2000mm HE dakka enthusiast.