Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Destroyed enemy ships impact performance as if they were still there. [2.0]
2017-08-30, 02:17 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-30 02:18 PM by proskov.)
Destroyed enemy ships impact performance as if they were still there. [2.0]
I have noticed in the creator that since recently whenever multiple spawned AI get destroyed in one area, i will get frame-rate drops whenever i look at that area.

I have tested it with both destroying them manually and using the "destroy all enemy ships" button and it happens with both, from my testing it seemed like destroying the ships manually creates less frame-rate drop, possibly because multiple blocks on the ship were already destroyed.

this means that when i spawn AI multiple times for testing ships the frame-rate will eventually deteriorate to the point where the game becomes unplayable, it seems like destroyed ships are still stored in the memory, even after being destroyed/disappearing. It is very possible the same happens with friendly ships, but I haven't tested this yet.

I hope someone can find a way to fix this fast because this bug has a VERY large impact on the game's playability for me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-05, 02:11 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-05 02:11 PM by Janekk.)
RE: Destroyed enemy ships impact performance as if they were still there. [2.0]
I noticed something similar, I just couldn't pinpoint what might be the cause of this weirdly specific issue. After long sessions in designer I get massive slowdowns whenever there is starting resource zone anywhere in my view port, look away and game runs like butter. Your explanation makes sense though. I tend to test things in one area, I only wander off to test propulsion, balance hydrofoil settings etc. so by the time I get around to it there would be quite a few destroyed constructs in that general area. I'm on 2.02 btw.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply