Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
[Faction BP Dump] Serene Vylkan Order [Update: Warimar & Varvi Hovercrafts]
2017-08-28, 02:46 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-22 03:24 PM by Vylkatzis.)
Photo [Faction BP Dump] Serene Vylkan Order [Update: Warimar & Varvi Hovercrafts]
Welcome to the [WIP] BP thread of Serene Vylkan Order!
[Image: 3ud7Zi8m.png]
Faction thread with map [WIP].

Here I'll post naval, land and aerial vehicles, which are tied to SVO somehow. These could be even ones delivered from (or developed with) allies, as well as captured and/or restored from enemies. Feel free to comment and suggest, critique is also welcomed (especially for my grammar, due to the fact I'm not very good at English).

In general, S. Vylkan Order is one of the Rift Realms - one of the countries on a little planet somewhere in a different dimension. This place exists not in regular cosmological space, but in a dimensional bubble, surrounded by solid void - like in a hollow sphere in a sponge. While it's impossible to travel in sponge dimension, it is possible to open portals to any kind of other universes. This works in two ways: Rift inhabitants could discover worlds outside and outsiders could discover Rift with any kind of warp technologies.

SVO itself is a former vassal of Imperial States. Order gained independence during succession crisis in Empire (also known as Warlord Crisis due to long-time struggle between substates for the imperial crown) and quickly expanded among turmoil lands in all directions, capturing industrial capacity, scientists, engineers and manpower.
Current SVO is a faction of contrast. Modern aerial forces, intermediate land vehicles, small and obsolete fleet. If it wills to make any further progress in a war against Othari Empire, it needs to build significant navy from scratch and keep on designing and building heavy land vehicles.
Will SVO accomplish this task, or will it be forgotten by history - only time will tell.

Vehicles:

Land forces:
- Tanks (letter stands for class):
* L: Smoke Mk I-IV
* L: Qufasur Mk I
* L: Anatolian Mk II
* M: Tinq Mk I
* M: Wyndyr Mk I-V
* M: Scyn Mk I
* M: Kaamis Mk I
* H: Serpent Mk I-III
* H: Veliar Mk I
* H: Veliarios Mk I

- Tank Destroyers:
* Kataaramos Mk I
* Spearhead Mk I

- SPG:
* Antlion Mk I

- SPAAG:
* Kaamar Mk I

- Hovertanks:
* Fli Mk I
* Warimar Mk III
* Varvi Mk I

Aerial forces:
- Fighters:
* Wasp Mk I-IV
* Listis M 1-2
* Lance Mk I
* Erne Mk I

- Bombers:
* Flea Mk I-IV
* Basilisk Mk I-II
* Peregrine Mk I

- Helicopters:
* Wuero Mk I

- Other:
* Vedilian Mk I
* Obly Mk I

Navy:
- Ironclads:
* Gunship Mk I-II

- Patrol boats:
* Rzechnoov Mk I-II
* Straogniek Mk I-II

- Artillery support frigates:
* Devastator Mk I-III

- Submarines:
* Subnoov Mk I

Next Update: Some tank or boat.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-28, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-28 07:22 PM by Vylkatzis.)
RE: [Faction BP Dump] Serene Vylkan Order
Light Tank "Smoke" Mk I-IV
[Image: 9HnVq8Qh.jpg]
Smoke Mk. I in the assembly line, circa 4591

The first and the most important creation of Order, armored pioneer of land forces and workhorse of independence. Obsolete already for half of a century, it's still being used as a training vehicle in SVO's armed forces and often seen in armies of other Rift states.
It was originally created as an infantry support vehicle in 4587 and was armed with short-barrel HE mortar, but soon was upgraded with same caliber anti-tank gun.

Smoke Mk. I with AT gun.
[Image: HIT61Lkh.jpg]

War against Imperial States shown insufficiency of frontal armor against common imperial AT guns. That's why both hull and turret armor was improved in next model - Mark II.

[Image: 4T4oBuLh.jpg]

Third modification changed the weapon. Engineers made new cannon breech to use with longer shells. Firepower increased threefold, but with great reduction of accuracy. Heavier shells also required third crew member to help with load.

Mk. I-II and III gun comparison.
[Image: EeZXBsp.png]

The fourth and the last modification - Mark IV - solved the problem by increasing the length of barrel. After that, no improvements were made by SVO, yet it's possible to find even more modifications in other states. They're yet unknown, though.

Mark IV
[Image: juofzfph.jpg]

Specifications:
Mark I-IV:
- Crew: 2(I-II), 3 (III-IV);
- Mass: 285 (I)/287 (II)/282 (III)/290 (IV);
- Engine: 200 hp (I-IV);
- Max speed: 37 km/h (ingame 37 m/s) (I-IV);
- Weapon: 57 mm AT gun (ingame 216 mm), 27 rounds (I-II), 28 rounds (III-IV) (counted rack+ammo);
- Cost: Around 3100~3300.

Blueprints:

.blueprint  Smoke Mk I.blueprint (Size: 46.1 KB / Downloads: 29)
.blueprint  Smoke Mk II.blueprint (Size: 46.1 KB / Downloads: 21)
.blueprint  Smoke Mk III.blueprint (Size: 46.67 KB / Downloads: 21)
.blueprint  Smoke Mk IV.blueprint (Size: 46.98 KB / Downloads: 24)
2017-08-29, 11:08 PM
RE: [Faction BP Dump] Serene Vylkan Order [Update: Smoke LT]
Nice tank, nice lore

My youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDOmAfT...Hk6SImmc-Q
CPU: 6700k OC to 4.5 Ghz GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V Case:Fractal Design R5 PSU: Corsair CX650M Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
2017-08-30, 05:18 PM
(2017-08-29 11:08 PM)Combatsmithen Wrote:  Nice tank, nice lore

It's not quite combat-efficient, though.
I've never tried any vehicle in actual campaign, tbh.
2017-08-30, 05:36 PM
(2017-08-30 05:18 PM)Vylkatzis Wrote:  
(2017-08-29 11:08 PM)Combatsmithen Wrote:  Nice tank, nice lore

It's not quite combat-efficient, though.
I've never tried any vehicle in actual campaign, tbh.

I'm not one for super combat efficient designs, you can look at some of my ships, they are designed more realistically, and somewhat bland for some people's tastes, but I like them.

My youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDOmAfT...Hk6SImmc-Q
CPU: 6700k OC to 4.5 Ghz GPU: GTX 1070
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz G.Skill Ripjaws V Case:Fractal Design R5 PSU: Corsair CX650M Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
2017-08-30, 10:19 PM
Light Tank "Anatolian" & "Antlion" Gun Carrier

Antlion, test firing at the polygon, circa 4653
[Image: 3xwbNJKh.jpg]

These two are the brothers with same bodies, but with a different heads. First designed as a light carrier for a new high-caliber anti-tank gun, Anatolian got no armor, defences or survivability. It was intended to rely more on it's small sizes and speed - small weight and overpowered engine combined with short hull allowed to use manoeuvrability as a weapon of defence. It could also be said, this should define this craft's class more as a tank destroyer, than a light tank - and there are some truth in these words, as it was never have been used as a recon vehicle.

[Image: HYZ1ik7h.png]

Frontal engine location was an option to protect crew from shells and spalling armor. Such layout was a part of an experiment - to see if it's better than classical one.

Standard APHE shell
[Image: QKCgVMD.jpg]

While showing impressive firepower, it was never mass-produced and existed in a prototype state almost entire time. Though latest improvements in Mark II solved most of serious problems and prepared this little (yet dangerous) thing to be streamlined by industry, what would help a lot against armored turtles of Feamoran Union.

[Image: AYSUM3ph.jpg]

And while Anatolian was tested, engineers of SVO have applied new light hull to carry artillery. This was the question of need - last months of conflict with Othari land forces shown the necessity of a self-propelled artillery, as towed artillery was obviously unmobile and vulnerable, which greatly reduced it's usefulness in an armored assault. That's why most common artillery piece was applied to be carried with light and mobile hull almost right after creation of it.

[Image: GmUwuZVh.png]

Antlion wasn't the first artillery carrier, but was the first to be successful one. Relatively cheap, agile, easy in production - everything army needs. Creation of this vehicle was a far better option than trying to rearm restored and existing tanks into a gun carriers.

[Image: gWE9cw1h.jpg]

Specifications:
Anatolian Mk II:
- Crew: 4 (3 in a turret, 1 diver);
- Mass: 208;
- Engine: 800 hp;
- Max speed: 61 km/h (ingame 47 m/s);
- Weapon: 122 mm AT gun (ingame 308 mm), 12 rounds (rack+ammo);
- Cost: ~4600.

Antolion Mk I:
- Crew: 5 (4 in a turret, 1 driver);
- Mass: 248;
- Engine: 800 hp;
- Max speed: 61 km/h (ingame 47 m/s);
- Weapon: 105 mm howitzer (ingame 293 mm), 22 rounds (rack+ammo);
- Cost: ~6300.

Blueprints:

.blueprint  Anatolian Mk II.blueprint (Size: 46.25 KB / Downloads: 21)
.blueprint  Antlion Mk I.blueprint (Size: 50.05 KB / Downloads: 23)
2017-09-01, 06:45 AM
RE: [Faction BP Dump] Serene Vylkan Order [Update: Anatolian LT & Antlion SPG]
awesome stuff you have here, cant wait to see more Big Grin

When in doubt shut up keep calm and use more daka.Tongue
(2017-12-07 11:38 AM)-ACHTUNG- Wrote:  Afterwards I concluded that those Campaign designs spend too much of their material cost in Aesthetics instead of actual combat ability...
2017-09-01, 03:01 PM
(2017-09-01 06:45 AM)Toothless The Night Fury Wrote:  awesome stuff you have here, cant wait to see more Big Grin

Thanks, more to come in next two days. Two unlisted vehicles were created yesterday and I think I'm going to add them as captured trophies, as they're a bit off from style and concept of SVO.
2017-09-01, 05:23 PM
I don't tank, but these things look great! Nice job on the artillery too

Procrastination level is over 9000
2017-09-22, 03:24 PM
Experimental Anti-gravity Vehicles "Warimar" & "Varvi"

Varvi, practice shooting in the open sea, circa 4673
[Image: lzMEfCXh.jpg]

The latest creations of Experimental Design Bureau #4, they hold the most advanced technologies in their bodies. Lightweight alloy, antigravs, laser weaponry, distant control systems, artificial intelligence, high-caliber cassette AT cannons - never before anything of this was combined in a single craft. Speed, agility, power, defence - these all are the priorities in the new vision of modern and dangerous vehicles to compete enemy's ones.

The problem is: current prototypes are neither dangerous, nor tough, nor cheap.

Warimar Mk. III
[Image: WTdNiWRh.jpg]

Both Warimar and Varvi are quite fragile. Moreover, they got no shields and active defences against missiles or lasers. It's clear what it's pretty unwise to put such a costly equipment in an undefended and unarmored vehicle, yet neither of them was intended to participate in real combat. The main and the only basic point of these creations was the proof of concept of amphibious main battle hovercraft. And the results are quite... questionable. From the one side, industry could be prepared for mass production of these AMBHs and, after all, they could be produced. From the other, industry is only ready for these vehicles in their current basic state, but probably not for the advanced and improved variants with full set of defences. It shouldn't also be forgotten, even such a simple prototypes are already expensive and the cost will only rise from new components.

Warimar, performance test in Vyksow Desert.
[Image: dn5lZXwh.jpg]

It seems, current technology level is just not enough to turn an explosive lighter (as said for Warimar, as its laser power is too low to quickly deal with any kind of enemy) into a devastating deathbringer. Yet it's heard, scientists of Order got a significant progress in weaponizing of particle accelerators. But the project "Veliarios" is only about to unfold...

Specifications:
Warimar Mk III:
- Crew: 1 (operator);
- Mass: 367;
- Engine: 9500 kW;
- Max speed: 223 km/h (ingame 62 m/s);
- Weapon: Weaponized 4Q pulse laser;
- Cost: ~27000.

Varvi Mk I:
- Crew: 1 (operator);
- Mass: 374;
- Engine: 4700 kW;
- Max speed: 219 km/h (ingame 61 m/s);
- Weapon: 75 mm cassette (~100 rpm) AT cannon (ingame 236 mm), 106 rounds (rack+ammo);
- Cost: ~25000.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Varvi Mk I.blueprint (Size: 69.51 KB / Downloads: 30)
.blueprint  Warimar Mk III.blueprint (Size: 66.05 KB / Downloads: 39)