2017-08-29, 06:27 PM
RE: [v 2.02] Weapon controller bug
(2017-08-29 05:14 PM)Murlok Wrote:  
(2017-08-29 04:27 PM)Qwert26 Wrote:  
(2017-08-27 12:39 PM)Kreuzheber Wrote:  -snip-

Tried to
checked your turret

-snip-

Looks like you didn´t checked it hard enough: On the turret were two 4m recoil-absorbers which blocked the rotation. I removed them and got some 1m replacements for them, also connected up the lasertargeter of the gun, configured the missile laser and replaced the tracker with a camera.

I recommend a look at the Spin Block Templates on the Steam workshop. It helped me with building turrets.Wink Anyway here is the fixed version.

I don't know what you mean, about that the turret can't turn, it has plenty room to turn so most by something else that cause the problem, I don't know what you did but still not fixed, I test it end still the same as the old version. This tanks are fighting about 15 min end omg i can't stop laughing this is hilarious. Suggest you tested again Wink

Ok, i tested it again (against the Lutetium) and was able to observe what you mean. Removing all the missile-controllers and then placing them again fixed it while being in combat. You probably don´t know it yet, but here is a little something from under the hood: Only the first placed weapon on a turret decides, how aiming works and where the failsafe checks. You placed a missile controller first and the AI used it for aiming.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Cobra 2.blueprint (Size: 79.54 KB / Downloads: 2)

Neter: The only known Planet where you can sail an airplane in space.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-29, 06:55 PM
RE: [v 2.02] Weapon controller bug
(2017-08-29 06:27 PM)Qwert26 Wrote:  
(2017-08-29 05:14 PM)Murlok Wrote:  
(2017-08-29 04:27 PM)Qwert26 Wrote:  
(2017-08-27 12:39 PM)Kreuzheber Wrote:  -snip-

Tried to
checked your turret

-snip-

Looks like you didn´t checked it hard enough: On the turret were two 4m recoil-absorbers which blocked the rotation. I removed them and got some 1m replacements for them, also connected up the lasertargeter of the gun, configured the missile laser and replaced the tracker with a camera.

I recommend a look at the Spin Block Templates on the Steam workshop. It helped me with building turrets.Wink Anyway here is the fixed version.

I don't know what you mean, about that the turret can't turn, it has plenty room to turn so most by something else that cause the problem, I don't know what you did but still not fixed, I test it end still the same as the old version. This tanks are fighting about 15 min end omg i can't stop laughing this is hilarious. Suggest you tested again Wink

Ok, i tested it again (against the Lutetium) and was able to observe what you mean. Removing all the missile-controllers and then placing them again fixed it while being in combat. You probably don´t know it yet, but here is a little something from under the hood: Only the first placed weapon on a turret decides, how aiming works and where the failsafe checks. You placed a missile controller first and the AI used it for aiming.
didn't know that indeed about the weapon placement, thank you a lot for the suggestion it was really unexpected the cause off the rare behavior from the AI, thank again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply