Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SS] Rhea (Regular {50fp})
2017-08-25, 09:38 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-05 12:02 AM by Hikari.)
[SS] Rhea (Regular {50fp})
Name: Rhea-class Battlecruiser/Fast Battleship created by Wogsethan (Rhealistic FTD)
Builder: Wogsethan
(Rhealistic Community)

Lore: "While the Thyr was developed to be the true sledgehammer of the SS Admiralty's might, a need was recognized for a cheaper platform still capable of carrying significant firepower, but relying less on the high tech solutions featured so prominently on other, new defense suites. As a result, plans were drawn up for a new Battlecruiser based on the Thyr's offensive capabilities, but instead relying on the tried and true passive armour schemes of old for her protection, and with a modern, efficient hullform."

Operators: Steel Striders Rapromium Heavy Industries
Preceded by: Thyr-class Battleship

Cost: 238,967 RP
In commission: v2.03(?)

General Characteristics
Type: Battlecruiser / Fast Battleship
Displacement(volume): 35749.33
Length: 718.504ft (219m)
Beam: 88.5827ft (27m)
Draft: 26.2467ft (8m)
Freeboard: 16.4042ft (5m)
Installed Power: Dual 5694.38shp(2x 4246.3kW)
Propulsion: 5x Screws, CSWP Inc geared steam boilers
Speed: 43.79 kn (81.09km/h; 50.39mph; 22.52m/s)
Range: 198.978nmi (368.5 km; 228.98 mi) at 43.79kn
Shielding: None
Electronic Warefare: Surge Protection
Electronis: Classified
Decoys: Sonar Decoy x4

Armament:
3 x 19.685 Inch (500mm)/44 cal. Mark 5 guns
APHE 5.8m Shell, 30rpm
3 x 4.76 Inch (121mm)/60 cal. Mark 2 Hoplite CIWS
APDS 1m, Beltfed
56 x 0.5mx7m VLS Explosive Warhead
16 x 0.61mx9m Type 93 Long Lance Kai Torpedos
1 x 15 port THOR LAMS

Armor:
Belt: 118.11 in (3000mm) Composite
Bulkhead: 39.37 in (1000mm) Alloy
Turtleback: 55.51 in (1410mm) Metal
Turrets: Classified
Barbettes: 39.37 in (1000mm) Metal

[Image: unknown.png]

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  Rhea.blueprint (Size: 635.02 KB / Downloads: 23)

If thread is cancer, run awey quik and let dem otder pepple deep wit it.
-Lemming 2k16 (Inner grammar Nazi intensifies)
(2016-03-27 12:23 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote:  8/10 Builds things. BIG things. Will possibly cause someone's computer to crash in the future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-25, 10:59 AM
RE: [SS] Rhea (Regular {50fp})
Very nice job! Those ships are proud to have great builders!

"Somewhere in France...a clown is crying for me." -My brother's quote after graduation.
2017-08-25, 11:10 AM
Right, I have quickly ran across this ship to see what I can find and bitch upon.
I have found some things to bitch upon.

- A few sensors haven't been hooked up, while designwise, they could be (it wouldn't harm)
- I am not very fond of the detectors on the masts, especially the 360 camera looks out of place, I don't think they are necessary either, the ship could very well do without as it has an abundance in detectors.
- The passive sonar on a spinblock is what I would define as borderline cheaty...
- The torpedoturrets are what they are; turrets. My own designs utilize a lot of broadside mounted torpedoturrets (after which I started to see them on campaign designs too... hmmmmmmm). These turrets however, are mounted on spinblocks. The reason is simple; A spinblocked turret can be pushed outside by an ACB so that it can fire at all times, whereas a turret can only fire on a few occasions. If you're afraid of friendly fire because it's located so far aft; you can always fit a safety fuse; there is plenty of room to do so.
- On the subject of torpedoes; you're using an inefficient design (fuel wise). The torpedo has 3 fuel tanks, but no regulator. It runs out of time well before it runs out of fuel. Either fit a regulator to increase lifespan, or use the fuel tank space to fit other things (like a safety fuse).
- I am a bit worried about AI survivability against EMP...

Bitching aside, I really like the design, I like the fact that there is an interior fitted, I like the fact that you're a good sport by locating the ammo barrels next to the turrets, it's a design worthy of the category it is in. Congrats Smile

Procrastination level is over 9000
2017-08-25, 11:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-25 11:16 AM by Wogsethan.)
The torpedoes and missiles are the same as the Thyr. The Passive Sonar is something that real ships do and have. The torpedoes are on turrets, because real torpedoes, are on turrets. Her Suite of detection systems should all be hooked up, could you point out which specific ones arent? Thank you for the praise though Tongue

o7
2017-08-25, 03:01 PM
Ok the recoil from the guns are huge. Although it's not large enough to cause the ship to flip over, you should either add some recoil absorbers to the guns or a roll pid.

And after testing it against some EMP pacs it turns out the AI is taken out super easilly by EMP.
2017-08-25, 06:59 PM
The AI isn't protected by a box like most crafts, its just in two locations. Its a regular, it has fantastic armor already so leaving them like that I felt was a good trade off.
The ship has only propellers for forward propulsion. Nothing for PID to control
I've shot the gun for a long time and it never tips over and it usually suppose to shoot at a more shallow angle.

If thread is cancer, run awey quik and let dem otder pepple deep wit it.
-Lemming 2k16 (Inner grammar Nazi intensifies)
(2016-03-27 12:23 PM)BaronBaconeer Wrote:  8/10 Builds things. BIG things. Will possibly cause someone's computer to crash in the future.
2017-08-25, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-25 08:31 PM by benzo711.)
Dayum. It's ships like these that make me jealous because I cannot aesthetics properly. And I only make tanks. (Atm.)

"If it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid."-TheMightyJingles.

My last name is Proctor
The Proctor is a ship in the game
Yay. I'm happy.

Blueprint thread: http://www.fromthedepthsgame.com/forum/s...?tid=28006
2017-08-29, 08:23 PM
I like what you've done with the ship, but the name doesn't really fit the SS theme so far... Tongue

Makes things fly more frequently than Robin Arryn.

Also does not boat.
2017-08-30, 12:32 AM
(2017-08-25 11:13 AM)Deathsoul097 Wrote:  The Passive Sonar is something that real ships do and have. The torpedoes are on turrets, because real torpedoes, are on turrets.

I think his point was the passive sonar was on a spinblock rather than the hull. Real torpedos are not necessarily on turrets these days because they're guided ( well really most of them are on helicopters, but... ) eg: this Stingray launched from a Type 23 Frigate .I'll admit there are still swivel mount launchers around though - but iirc battleship tubes were all fixed ( given they were underwater generally that is not a surprise ). Not that it matters for us that much.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
2017-08-30, 12:04 PM
(2017-08-30 12:32 AM)Richard Dastardly Wrote:  ...but iirc battleship tubes were all fixed ( given they were underwater generally that is not a surprise )....

Not all of them, wows players will know off the swivel mounts on tirpitz and the scharnhorst sisters. Other than them I know of the Tosa and Amagi designs having some of their torps above water, but with mixed opinions if they were fixed or swivel.

The Fod Wrote:I'm going to make a boat with a V-hull and tumbleholm *user was kicked*

"Ny lhig daa fir hammag, dty woalley sheese" - A phrase to remember in times of need

Company, Always on the run; Destiny, Is a rising sun