Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Standalone Railgun
2017-08-25, 08:51 AM
Standalone Railgun
I think railguns should be a separated system, instead of being integrated in advanced canons. Railguns in game should be similar to the one being tested by US Navy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxqw7bbA7c&t=410s), and only fire armor piercing / kinetic projectiles. It would be an interesting addition to the game.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-25, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-25 09:09 AM by Kaonicping.)
RE: Standalone Railgun
(2017-08-25 08:51 AM)JohnMidnight Wrote:  I think railguns should be a separated system, instead of being integrated in advanced canons. Railguns in game should be similar to the one being tested by US Navy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzxqw7bbA7c&t=410s), and only fire armor piercing / kinetic projectiles. It would be an interesting addition to the game.

I disagree, having the option to add rail assist to any cannon adds a lot of depth and variety, and even for HE shells additional velocity and accuracy is definitely a good thing.

Also, now HEAT and Frag got nerfed so In-F/HEAT is a much worse shield-penetrating round, DCs are decidedly more worthwhile and they are pretty crap without rail assist to help out with their inaccuracy and slow velocity.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-08-25, 01:53 PM
I like the current rail system as part of APS, but I think the rail guns need a buff. A 500mm 6m Sabot head 3x Sabot body 3x Solid Body Base bleader 4x rail casing shell with a lot of railgun power and 400+m/s velocity only goes through about 3 layers of stacked armor.
2017-08-25, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-25 09:27 PM by Kaonicping.)
(2017-08-25 01:53 PM)MizarLuke Wrote:  I like the current rail system as part of APS, but I think the rail guns need a buff. A 500mm 6m Sabot head 3x Sabot body 3x Solid Body Base bleader 4x rail casing shell with a lot of railgun power and 400+m/s velocity only goes through about 3 layers of stacked armor.

All rounds at the moment are bad against thick armour, as part of the 2.0 TTK increase. The problem with rail-assisted kinetic rounds is not the damage they do, but rather the fact that if you put even a strength 1 shield in the way they just go bounce off harmlessly, however ridiculously deadly the shell is.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside