Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Submissions due Sept 11th]
Yesterday, 06:52 AM
RE: Assault the Bunker! - 100k - Time Trial [Submissions due Sept 11th]
Interesting how even a vehicle with that many high calibre APS guns cannot completely de-gun the Lutetium. Well, maybe with pure HE, it could.

The LAMS were very definitely the MVP of the latest fight. A few shots to the engines and the LAMS lasers or laser towers would've probably made this end differently.

Incoming fire has the right of way. - Murphy's Laws of Combat
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 07:34 AM by SlimPickens.)
(Yesterday 06:52 AM)Cythphn Wrote:  Interesting how even a vehicle with that many high calibre APS guns cannot completely de-gun the Lutetium. Well, maybe with pure HE, it could.

Purely an aiming thing. Statistically speaking the chances of aiming at a block at the edge 10% of the craft are exactly that. Plus it never broke the HA to kill whatever block it was targeting so it never got to pick new targets.

It's a good technique to take advantage of to encourage the enemy to target nonvital bits and/or to place your barrels in places less likely to get hit. This is why a taller neck on your turrets is smart, particularly with crams as the high density of single blocks is further away from the turret head.

Also why backing up nonvital armor with single blocks can be smart. Lowers overall health (but not armor) compared to full beams, which can paradoxically increase your survivability since you expect those parts to get blown off anyway. (it makes your vital and more armored portions a relatively larger percent of total health so it takes longer to drop to 55%).

Large (not entirely) empty spaces have a similar effect. I've noticed Tomson does that a fair bit as part of his styling.

The way to combat it is turn on/off the AI after every volley so it picks a new target. Also keep some inaccuracy in your guns (which you should do for faster things that like turning especially)
Yesterday, 08:21 AM
(Yesterday 06:52 AM)Cythphn Wrote:  Interesting how even a vehicle with that many high calibre APS guns cannot completely de-gun the Lutetium. Well, maybe with pure HE, it could.

The LAMS were very definitely the MVP of the latest fight. A few shots to the engines and the LAMS lasers or laser towers would've probably made this end differently.

Those are direct feeding guns. I wanted to make sure that my entry is as durable as possible and can't get chain reaction. Even ammo boxes separated from each other.
Also, I think that fail of the ToppleHead is purely matter of settings.

"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
(Yesterday 08:21 AM)Iladge Wrote:  Those are direct feeding guns. I wanted to make sure that my entry is as durable as possible and can't get chain reaction. Even ammo boxes separated from each other.
Also, I think that fail of the ToppleHead is purely matter of settings.

Well at least it certainly looked it was able to defeat the Lutetium in a conventional way. Mine wouldn't. Wink

(2016-10-27 12:13 AM)Chromoid Wrote:  AdNecrias, you have earned this:
[Image: EObLzKD.png]
Bear it with pride, my friend. *salute*
Yesterday, 02:49 PM

Watch my videos!
Yesterday, 04:25 PM
Topplehead is glorious warmachine! Stronk like fatherland!
Very cool vehicle! Big Grin I wouldn't want to fight it. It has good front armor and a healthy number of guns. A few shields in the front would have made it much better in my opinion. Once the number of guns got low it stopped doing real damage. Very cool looking design, but some extra detail here and there would make it look better in my opinion. I like the flag and the radioactive signs on it. That was a nice touch!
I'm always surprised how durable the Lutethium is. Those lams are pretty useful! I never really managed to make good enough lams to be worth using. Always thought that a bit of extra armor is worth more. Maybe I'm wrong. But they are pretty weak against low cal shell spam.

O.O Didn't know it was my turn. Nice surprise! This was the best time they ever got so looks like I got extra lucky here. Probably not a competitive time but still good. Plus I got to show my little tank. Very happy with this result. Smile
Yesterday, 04:46 PM
I`m leaving BP of ToppleHead here and I certainly going to imrove it.

(Yesterday 04:25 PM)Tomson Wrote:  Topplehead is glorious warmachine! Stronk like fatherland!
Very cool vehicle! Big Grin I wouldn't want to fight it. It has good front armor and a healthy number of guns. A few shields in the front would have made it much better in my opinion. Once the number of guns got low it stopped doing real damage. Very cool looking design, but some extra detail here and there would make it look better in my opinion. I like the flag and the radioactive signs on it. That was a nice touch!
I'm always surprised how durable the Lutethium is. Those lams are pretty useful! I never really managed to make good enough lams to be worth using. Always thought that a bit of extra armor is worth more. Maybe I'm wrong. But they are pretty weak against low cal shell spam.

O.O Didn't know it was my turn. Nice surprise! This was the best time they ever got so looks like I got extra lucky here. Probably not a competitive time but still good. Plus I got to show my little tank. Very happy with this result. Smile

Thanks, tovarisch! I think that shielding is good idea after all.
Your T-team is very strong, pretty and harmonious. You even have adorable distraction vehicle! I wish that some day I would be able to buid something which would looks and performs as good as your entry.

Attached File(s)
.blueprint  ToppleHead By Iladge.blueprint (Size: 347.79 KB / Downloads: 1)

"Stay alive, stay active, and get as much practice as you can." - Francis Albert Sinatra
Yesterday, 05:42 PM
Congratulations, Tomson, very nicely done. The distraction vehicle in particular was a good idea, given how hard it is for the Lutetium's HE and light Frag cannons to break Heavy Armour.

Incoming fire has the right of way. - Murphy's Laws of Combat
Yesterday, 06:15 PM
Congrats, the first to finish!

The diddy tank was great.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
~~Terry Pratchett
Yesterday, 08:13 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 08:14 PM by Mourark.)
Really impressive balance of aesthetics, budget and performance Tomson! (as usual)