Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
toughest in game ship to test guns against, no shields?
2017-08-14, 09:55 PM
toughest in game ship to test guns against, no shields?
Title pretty much says it all. I've been using Kingstead's myself. Big, made entirely of metal/alloy and no shields.

I've been experimenting with APS lately due to my interest/participation in my first tournament and needed a durable target dummy. Marauder's just don't cut it anymore at this level of firepower hehe

anyone else have a suggestion for a big, chunky target (again, no shields for the time being)?

(Is in your ship, stealing your turrets!)

Mods/extra blocks

After Cataclysm (and the separate 'railings' mod as well)
Dynamic Kinetics Simple Re-skin (armored glass)
Wrought Iron Armor
Structural Foam
Aero-alloy
More Corners 0.3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-14, 11:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-14 11:16 PM by Kaonicping.)
RE: toughest in game ship to test guns against, no shields?
(2017-08-14 09:55 PM)Greyfell Wrote:  Title pretty much says it all. I've been using Kingstead's myself. Big, made entirely of metal/alloy and no shields.

I've been experimenting with APS lately due to my interest/participation in my first tournament and needed a durable target dummy. Marauder's just don't cut it anymore at this level of firepower hehe

anyone else have a suggestion for a big, chunky target (again, no shields for the time being)?

The Kingstead is probably the best you'll get without shields, all big Godlies tend to have pretty good shielding apart from DWG and OW. Maybe you could try to spawn a Thyr without fuel somehow so it can't power its shields?

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside Tongue
2017-08-15, 12:23 AM
If you feel like putting a bit of time in, spawn your target ship of choice in the designer, delete all the shields, and save it as an unshielded version, then use that for target practice.

I'll also disconnect all the weapons on thrustercraft and use them to test my AA weaponry.

I can sail my airplane in space.
2017-08-16, 01:02 AM
Probably easier to change any ACB turning the shields on into turning the shields *off*, or just adding one if they're always on.

Poke my boat! pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - 6 ships made 2.0 aware. Regularily doing other things until the eye-strain post-processing can be disabled again; great game but not worth the literal headache.
2017-08-16, 08:10 AM
If you're removing the shields of the Thyr, there's still its LAMS that will prevent you to test shells properly.

The fastest way to get rid of both shields and LAMS is to remove the blocks generating power.