Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[2.02] Stable - Blocky state glitch
2017-08-13, 09:20 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-09-22 08:09 PM by Normal69.)
Brick [2.02] Stable - Blocky state glitch
Howdy?

I am at Alpha 2.01, the date is 2017.08.13, and this is the blockyness glitch.
When you're far away with your viewpoint from a unit, it reverts into a blocky state, when it cannot fire and fired upon.
This problem occurred only in the Neter campaign, when I bring a big unit into battle, regardless of the battle size slider.

Thank you for your time and work, I still love this game.

Video about the glitch

From the Depths english playlist starts here, before that it's hungarian:
https://youtu.be/Ltdx0yVI9cA?list=PLImar...ZokVtdBa73

[Image: 6yFiDvF.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-18, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 03:51 PM by Normal69.)
RE: [2.01] Stable - Blocky state glitch
Once again the game has frozen.
Now I didn't go with the Superbus, which others say fat, but he is just big boned, but the Undertug-Seashell combo.

I would include the log, zipped, but the game hasn't made one.
So that is the log of my previuos freezes.
And the savegame file, which I can't find.
It isn't here: c:\Users\Normal\Documents\From The Depths\Player Profiles\Normal69\Saves\
Some saves are there but with dates half a year ago. Windows 7.

The northest unit is the Seashell, just go north with it, and attack the White Flayers territory.
I've met a penetrator and some martyrs, so I prepared to get into a position behind some sand reefs to protect me from the big one, and probably beach it.

After that the big ship with 3 hell cannons (desecrator?) spawned, the battle was long, and my avatar was on that ship 3 times, shooting off parts with gatling - then the game has frozen.

Attached File(s)
.zip  2017-08-14_221052.ZIP (Size: 247.84 KB / Downloads: 6)

2017-08-18, 07:30 PM
Got the save after searching - sorry I had no brain.

Attached File(s)
.zip  6.ZIP (Size: 1.81 MB / Downloads: 5)

2017-08-18, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 10:02 PM by Supercowswag.)
I have this issue too in designer mode...I tried setting the low level of detail minimum distance to the max...but everything in designer mode goes into the low level of detail mode.....interceptor missiles work but harpoon ones dont have cables , still seem to kinda work?...the turrets are unable to rotate/move on all vehicles *including on a Moray that I spawned in* ....the ai doesnt even know how to fire...the only weapons that end up going off are the ones activated by control blocks...and yes the moray is also experiencing this so it is not just my vehicle , campaign vehicles are also showing these issues so it has nothing to do with my own blueprints.

This bug is completely game-breaking and can make the game nearly unplayable *unless you are someone who wants to pilot a craft without turrets...which isnt bad it just limits you to doing just that and slowly killing off everything by yourself.*

So breakdown
Acbs work and can still fire missiles *the only thing the moray shot were missiles fired by an Acb*
Missile interceptors still work and detonate.
AI can still aim *laser pointers still attempt to point at enemy and cannon barrels attempt aim aswell*

AI has trouble driving and cant shoot...
Turrets cannot rotate/aim

Okay just found out its not completely tied to the low level of detail...but i think it did cause all vehicles to stay in it after being put in it normally.

I was killing the enemy moray manually and after awhile the turrets on both craft were able to turn again and started firing...so this issue might have something to do with block count...maybe by raising the max limit, the game bugs out and treats everything differently whenever the old limit is exceeded/reached/approached..idk.. maybe some coding in the backround for the old limit that causes the game to treat things differently....even when in designer mode....
Find all posts by this user
2017-08-21, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the reply - I think if you can provide the zipped los directory from steam game directory, blueprints, and game seves, that would help the Devs.
I am trying to build smaller now, to see it the glitch comes that way, too?

2017-08-22, 03:13 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-22 03:19 AM by Supercowswag.)
(2017-08-21 09:07 AM)Normal69 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply - I think if you can provide the zipped los directory from steam game directory, blueprints, and game seves, that would help the Devs.
I am trying to build smaller now, to see it the glitch comes that way, too?

Im still not sure about the cause, Ive just never had it happen to small craft yet...I just had the same issue again while testing my sub...all of the harpoon cables disappeared mid flight and both the sub and the skarlet dawn dark star stopped firing at each other/aiming their turrets and only moved their entire craft...they both knew eachother were there cause the dark star was circling around my sub while my sub turned to face it constantly and had its laser designater pointing at it.

Its like both craft decided to just do a CEASE FIRE.
2017-08-22, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-22 08:26 AM by Normal69.)
(2017-08-22 03:13 AM)Supercowswag Wrote:  Its like both craft decided to just do a CEASE FIRE.

Yes, that's it. You can spawn them fully by flying thru them with your viewpoint.
Or not...

Anyways, the report is done, I will build smaller now.

2017-08-22, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-22 09:14 PM by Supercowswag.)
[Image: E2D0F82545EA1A0D2CB5E6E291151D459C47EA34]

Tried flying through with cam and that didnt help, they are still being friendly....both are undamaged from being too friendly..the only thing that fired were my harpoon & radar missiles.... and the moray`s interceptor / flares....yes it looks weird cause the harpoon cables are invisible...

Maybe it has to do with the unity port....idk..you shouldnt have to build your craft smaller in order to avoid this, it needs to be fixed....I want my squid to look like a squid again... :c
2017-08-25, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-25 08:52 PM by Normal69.)
May I have the blueprint of yours to modify?

I got stuck aesthetically here, still missing the freestanding harpoons, and simple laser turrets, if you would be interested.

[Image: 1A4341237AEDDB81858CA53C5B09746D21DF91CD]

2017-08-28, 06:15 PM
The game advised me to do so.
Frozen while putting a weaponcontroller up in combat behind a 2 axis turreted shield, combat was against a jacob's delight and perforator spawned by X, and world was the resource limited builder.
You have to kill there to build, but control the enemy spawn

Attached the zipped errorlog and unit blueprint.

Hope that helps, thanks for this game! Wink

Attached File(s)
.zip  2017-08-28_184658.ZIP (Size: 48.01 KB / Downloads: 6)
.blueprint  UnderTug-DF.blueprint (Size: 677.59 KB / Downloads: 6)