Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Reduce damage of HE and too-low AP rounds on armour
2017-08-09, 05:04 PM
Reduce damage of HE and too-low AP rounds on armour
Even with the realistic belt formula-thing, small caliber, low AP and low caliber HE can still damage a ships belt. A system like in wows would do well, with an actual mm/block penetration value on both HE and AP

A guide to Realism

Ask me about After Cataclysm
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-09, 08:07 PM
RE: Reduce damage of HE and too-low AP rounds on armour
(2017-08-09 05:04 PM)anonomoosle Wrote:  Even with the realistic belt formula-thing, small caliber, low AP and low caliber HE can still damage a ships belt. A system like in wows would do well, with an actual mm/block penetration value on both HE and AP

I think we should favour gameplay over realism, and still allow low calibre weapons to do damage against tough armour, especially since we just got a buff to armour stacking and general armour and HP values on a lot of stuff in 2.0 which makes the TTK much longer anyway. I don't like the idea of high-ROF, low-damage gatlings being entirely useless against certain sections of armour; I would much prefer high-calibre and low-calibre APS to be closely matched than have low-calibre guns only useable on ships which can't fit bigger ones, even if it is more realistic.

(2017-07-10 02:50 AM)Resolas Wrote:  Forward broadside is the best broadside
2017-08-09, 08:29 PM (This post was last modified: 2017-08-09 08:29 PM by Blothorn.)
RE: Reduce damage of HE and too-low AP rounds on armour
Small-caliber weapons would still be useful, just not for hitting heavy belts--small vehicles would need to turn to other weapons for damaging heavy armor. I think the attraction is more for realism than competitive gameplay, but I do not think it hurts the latter.

Allr andask.