Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
V2.01 [Dev Test]
2017-08-26, 11:40 PM
RE: V2.01 [Dev Test]
(2017-08-22 08:27 AM)draba Wrote:  Some things are still missing and there has been radio silence again for a week or so, but it's entirely playable and has much better performance to boot.
IIRC there is a 20 limit on "real" wheel count caused by the Unity 5.6 upgrade, if you can find a way to live like that 2.01 is a huge improvement Smile

20 per rigidbody, I believe. If you can find a way to hack multiple rigidbodies together ( "just", haha - I don't think that's a small thing to do ) then problem somewhat ameliorated. From the looks of it Nick is trying to only enable wheels in collision with the ground, which is a neat solution but I think might cause other issues.

I'm a bit more concerned about things like memory leaks right now - wheels would be nice to fix because the new HESH makes tank combat very silly, but people not being able to play because they can't reduce the graphics settings & running out of memory is a bit higher up the priority list Tongue

Poke my boat! mostly pre-2.0 learning & catalogue thread - Heavy & light tanks 17/11/17. 6 ships made 2.0 aware. If it's not AotE I can't do it regularily - sea -> post processing -> eyestrain.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-27, 02:15 AM
RE: V2.01 [Dev Test]
(2017-08-26 09:53 PM)ScarletDevil Wrote:  Radio silence from me because im currently in the process of moving.

GL on the move! I know the pain Smile

-Do not bring forth an argument as fact that can be disproven with a 10 minute Google search.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply